Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Lord's errand

Dear Friends..

What an amazing week Sister Frye and I had and I'm so sad that she is leaving me on Wednesday. But miracles came this week as they always do when we push through and give it our all. So this week was Halloween we did see some lovely costumes aka fake missionaries so that was funny. We also had a man that was in a huge truck drive past us with a bloody hockey mask and point at us it was really creepy. Sister Frye and i have matching Halloween shirts so it was tender we wore them and we had a mission Halloween party it was so fun. We watched The Best Two Years and I cried most of the movie either dying of laughter or feeling the power of this calling. I love being a missionary and never want to take off my tag. It just became a little more real that soon this time will be over and it kinda stung my heart. But I have plenty of time and I'm so excited for my last 6 weeks which will be amazing. Tuesday we got to go to the bountiful temple which is beautiful and we were spoken too by the temple president!!! I learned things during those 30 min that I will never forget, the Temple is a BLESSING. I am so grateful to be serving right now and who the Lord is always sending.

Eymard!

Ok this story is so tender because it goes to show that the Lord has the correct time on the watch always. Sister Frye and i were about to leave chat when we got one more so i accepted it and we started chatting with him he wanted to learn more oh and BTW he is in Ireland nbd. Well Sister Frye was on the phone so i called him made sure the number worked and it DID!! We taught him the next day and committed him to be baptized!!! He said, Jenna and Christine this is what I want of course I will be baptized. It was so powerful we were cheering silently and hugging each other!! Then today we called and taught him and it was amazing he stopped smoking, started listening to the BOM on mp3. And he said I'm praying like you told me to and its workin i stopped smokin and this week I'm going to stop drinkin coffee. He is so prepared ah I'm so excited!

Me and my new comp will continue teaching him. This was a legit miracle!!

Kelly

What a tender soul omg we love her! She came on chat ( miracle place) And we started teaching her about temples. Then we actually called her and taught her a lesson and guess what she is so prepared!! She said when you girls talk I can feel something different I've never felt this. And we said Kelly the Lord loves you so much and he wants this for you and we will be there every step of the way. It was very clear nothing was by chance. I said Kelly God wanted you on Chat today speaking with missionaries this is all apart of his plan. She said i have chills Jenna I know this is true. She wants to be baptized!

Well the Lord is truly blessing us so much and we are working so hard. I wish I could tell you everything but today Sister Frye and I are taking the zone to Chipotle!!! So we have limited time. But before I go, Hillary came last night and it was amazing!! She looks wonderful and is a glowing RM! i love her so much! And Noe came too and duh I love him! Tender moment seeing each other after almost 2 years.

I learned this week that I can do hard things and that is possible through the atonement. I have taken my understanding of the atonement to a whole new level! I love this gospel and I know that it is all true. We are so blessed to be apart of this. You are in my prayers. I love you.

Love your Favorite Missionary, Sister Mettra

Ps EVERYONE do a mormon.org profile! Parents you heard me <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment