Saturday, September 10, 2011

Never a better hero.

Dear Friends....
Sister Mata'utia and I are seeing miracles together and I'm so grateful for her testimony side by side mine. I was thinking this week about the Hero's in my life and what attributes they have. And in turn of course wanted to obtain those same qualities and wondered what a Hero really is. Some say its someone who saves you, an example, helps you reach your full potential. When i think of a real Hero i think of the Savior. Many of my calls, contacts and tours were centered around the Savior this week and i felt as though he is truly my best Friend and Hero. No one quite understands to the fullness of our pain like he does. Many have asked why I'm serving a mission and that is because I Love my Savior. He is my Hero and has saved my heart many times i will never deny the love i have for him and till testify it to the whole world. This week has been very intense as it always is but I learned something this week, silence brings blessings. I don't like to hear myself talk the whole time I'd rather the guest talk but sometimes the best voice to hear is the spirit speaking to these hearts. I just want to be closer to the Savior everyday and so most of my study is on the life of Christ because when you understand Jesus Christ's purpose, you gain your own especially as a missionary.
I feel Warm..not cause its hot outside
Well Sister Mata'utia is very bold ha lets just say that but only with Pollys and she is one so she can say whatever she wants. Tavita is our new project lets just say cause he is less active ha but has been for about 10 years. We took him on a tour here and oh btw he is 7 feet tall. I felt really protected standing next to him. Well as we walked around we realized he needed to feel more and see less. We sat with him in the conference center and pretty much laid it all out to him and he was laughing and some tears. He needed it and we were asking inspired questions I'm sure of it. The Spirit was so strong and he said I just feel something i haven't in a while. Then we walked to Gods Plan but didn't turn it on we sat in the first room and Sister Mata'utia said now Sister Mettra is going to sing amazing grace haha. I decided i would and the minute i started singing he put his head down and was saying wow. i said your lost Tavita but through this gospel you can be found. He said he felt warm and had chills and we testified it was Gods way of telling him he was loved.
Glowing
Zach the tour guide I've become good friends with he is from Korea and he said that he missed me at the West Gate which was tender. He then went on to say, Sister Mettra you glow every time you have this light, I will miss you. God bless you. And i said Zach God be with you till we meet again. Tender moment just by smiling.
Loss of Words
We are teaching this guy in the south he is an angel and has really good questions. We started teaching him about there being a modern day prophet and he just kept saying wow really? The spirit was pouring out to this mans heart and we could feel it and so could he. As we taught him about the power of prayer he realized that there really was a God. This was amazing neither of us really wanted to speak. He said I'm at a loss of Words right now I don't know what to say. We then told him we were going to pray with him and as we started... SATAN hung up the phone! The spirit was so strong and the phone was disconnected so crazy. We called him back and apologized for Satans rude behavior. The we prayed with him and he said he would pray about these things cause he wants to know!
I love you Baby
So we have an investigator named Anna and she is the sweetest Texas lady and I wish i could teach her in person. She honestly makes me laugh so hard when she talks. So always say hunny its Jenna she is saving me today o baby i love you haha. And we are teaching her about The Book of Mormon and she is just shouting oh my sugar I love you. Jesus is healing me today bless the Lord! Thank you Jesus . Ha i love her and we call each other babe so its really fitting.
VIP Tour 2.0
Well Sister Mata'utia and I had taken 5 back to back tours and were so hungry when all of the sudden the missionary department decides to walk in and have a surprise audit. Keep in mind that we have only been there now for a total of about a week. Everything we said they followed with really are you sure? hahaha I'm just about to die here no worries. We were so nervous and prayed the entire tour to be led by the spirit. Well the Lord blessed us with having a very spirit led personal tour at Welfare Square. I've never felt so connected with this place as I did during that hour. We both cried testifying on the power of prayer. I can look back and remember the moments when the spirit was the strongest and that was only when w followed the spirit. President talked to us yesterday and said they were very impressed and loved the tour they thought we had been serving there our whole mission.
Phone call made in Heaven
Last night I talked with a guy who will remain nameless. It was amazing and I felt the spirit testify so strongly of the power of Love you can really have for someone. My heart just went out to this guy he was young and just got divorced. He was searching for something I could feel it and we had the deepest conversation about Christ's love. i started to cry speaking of how my heart has been broken by friends in the past and the only way it was possible to heal from all that was through the atonement of Christ. I can't really express how i felt but I needed it just as much as he did. Sadly satan hung up the phone right in the middle of the conversation and I couldn't get a hold of him again but I have faith that he will answer again and learn of these things. God loves him and I could feel that.
There was never a Better Hero then Jesus Christ. And I strive to be like him everyday. The closer I come to him, the more I miss him really. He is my hero and I love him. What an honor it is to serve him everyday.
I love you all
Love Sister Mettra

1 comment:

  1. I love jennabear so much. Misssss HER:( wish I could be Anna & call each other babe. I just want cuddles!!!

    ReplyDelete