Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Changing

Sister Frye's last trax ride.
Mo Tab
Me with Sister Nelson
My Polly

Dear Loves....

Well today starts my last transfer on my mission its really bittersweet. I gave a big hug goodbye to Sister Frye this morning and wished her good luck in her new life i will miss her a lot but am excited for her in every way. Sister Harmer is my new companion from San Jose California!!! Love her we were in the MTC together and we have already had a wonderful morning full of miracles. It doesn't seem real that its the last transfer conference and everything Sister Harmer and I are feeling like its a dream ha. This morning we called Brian Kekana and he is an angel. I haven't been able to get a hold of him in a really long time so I'm grateful that he answered. He just said, " Jenna my angel Jenna I feel so lost you must help me my angel Jenna." if you don't remember Brian he lives in South Africa and he is amazing. What a humbling moment to teach this man all the way in Africa and he wants to know his Savior. Sister Harmer and I just teared up a little as he poured out his soul to us we love him. He said " Jenna my God don't love me anymore so you pray for me." I said, " Brian God loves you so much and he wants to hear from you." I decided to sing him a primary song, I know my Heavenly Father loves me. After i sang it he said, " Jenna i feel it in my soul it is my song I feel it deep I miss your voice." We committed him to go to church and move his feet towards Christ, I'll never forget those words and the sincere desire he has to want to be better. We are never alone, and our Father in Heaven loves us he wants to hear from us.

Kelly!

So update on Kelly so excited! Well Sister Frye was in the temple yesterday so I called Kelly and she is doing amazing. Her and her boyfriend are getting married and then planning to be sealed in a year. She kept telling me over and over how grateful she is for Christine and I sharing with her the gospel and helping her feel the spirit. She said " Jenna this is all the Lords will because i feel his hand in my life right now as I'm learning from you." We see her being baptized sometime this month! Kelly lives in Las Vegas.

Tabatha David and Sam

Ah I love them sooo much! We met Tabatha and David on the tour with little Noah that got baptized. They are adorable and I love them. Tabatha said , Sister Mettra will you teach me how I can go inside the temple one day? So tender. So we put the referral through and Sister Missionaries in Salt Lake South are teaching them! We are so excited. What a blessing they want to be baptized so we will be going to that this transfer.

Doctrine and Covenants 122:7

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the apit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the bdeep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to chedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of dhell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee eexperience, and shall be for thy good.

I feel like this scripture perfectly depicts my Sunday ha not in a depressing way but I literally felt so burdened down. My companion was leaving and a lot was happening in the mission, people dropping us, family, everything was being pushed upon my heart. I was left in my room praying and crying harder then I have in a long time, I had walked my last steps i couldn't walk another that day just so much emotion. And as I sat up I wrote in my journal and realized that this moment was vital to pass to my last transfer. This mission means everything to me and as I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders I can literally be free when I trust the Lord. Now that doesn't mean its easy or even fair, but it is worth it. I received such a clear answer when I read the scriptures and prayed, this is all true. My heart is so full of gratitude to my Father in Heaven, I can do hard things and smile. Cause really your smile is the first testimony people see. ) And I know that the Lord carried me through this week there is no other way I would have made it. I'm so grateful for the strength i have gained through these many months. I know the atonement is real, and heals every moment of pain if we will let it.

I love you all so much and just wanted to end with a new favorite quote!

" God gave us memories, that we might have June roses in the December of our lives." - James Barrie

May we all look for the June roses and remember what the Lord has given us. Press forward in faith, this life is amazing and I love it all even the thorns. Thank you for your prayers I feel them.

Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment