Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Thankful-Nov 23

Dearest Family and Friends!

This has been an amazing week and I'm so grateful that I am here at this time on the square! So many things happened this week and because of the white out coming in about 3 hours everything is closing down so I only have a very short time to write everything! Sister Sanders and i have felt the love of the Savior this week in many different ways and I'm so happy to be a part of this work.

Lets start in the RC shall we:
I called a man by the name of Jr and talked to him about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life. He is a less active and the spirit was so strong during that phone call. Both of us cried as we talked about the trials of life and how they can be overcome if we are but faithful! He was such an angel i was honored to talk to him and I'm so grateful that I was a missionary again. He told me the words i spoke were inspiring and that it was exactly what he needed to hear. He commit ed to go back to church and i will call again and follow up.

Chris the marine:
This girl came to temple square to give us a potential..... Let me explain how we even met her. she was from Hawaii and she had such a sweet spirit. Sister Sanders invited for us to take them through Gods Plan. They were touched by the spirit so much. And at the end were in tears sharing how this had answered their prayers. Then the spirit told me so strongly to sing be still my soul.... As i started they both started crying. And at the end said that was what they needed. The girl looked at me and said, God answers prayers i know now because of your testimony I need to serve a mission! I was so humbled by this! Well i called Chris he was in north Carolina at boot camp getting ready to go to Afghanistan. He was touched by the spirit and I told him he needs this gospel to comfort him through the dark months ahead! he accepted missionaries :)!!

Nigeria :
These very important people from Nigeria came and we ran into them so we were able to take them on a tour! I will never forget this tour because the spirit was so strong and it was filling the room. There is more to this story but i will write about it in a letter...... But the man looked at me and put his hand on my shoulder and said, you could be my daughter! Tears in his eyes he said, I know that this gospel is true. I told him what i had given up to be a missionary and we all just cried and i bore powerful testimony that this is the most important thing in the world! 2 of them want missionaries.

I cant close this letter without telling you about the amazing once in a life time chance that i had.....

We had a mission conference in the conference center to end our zone conferences. President made arrangements for our testimony meeting to be in the conference center.... And then a moment i will never forget. He said we would have a testimony meeting on the stage right where the prophet speaks! As i walked up when it was my turn looking over the conference center at 21,000 seats i felt the spirit so strong it overcame me and words couldn't express my gratitude for this moment. I stood where the prophet stands and testified that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith did restore the fullness of the gospel back to the earth. As i walked down from the stage I felt an overwhelming power that this is the only true church. Then president had something bigger in store..... he took us to the back of the stage and up the stairs. He said he had gotten permission to have us sit where the choir sits. I couldn't help but cry as we sang called to serve in the conference center! That has always been my dream. I know the lord hears our prayers there were so many miracles this week but here were just a couple. I love my mission and i know that I'm suppose to be right here right now!
I love all of you and thank you for all the love and support.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! We have lots of fun things planned for Thanksgiving!
Funny thoughts...
We were all walking into the SVC and all of the sudden a huge avalanche drops on my head! No one else just me, out of 60 of us haha, President was laughing really hard!

Also.... I got asked to sing in December!!!! More details to come!

Be thankful for everything the Lord has given us at this time! We are living at the best time in the WORLD!!

Love you all
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment