Wednesday, December 1, 2010

White out! Nov. 29

Family!!!

Oh I missed you all so much this past week for thanksgiving.... mom even more grateful for your cooking! Ours was catered and i only ate salad and some potatoes. This past week has been very COLD!! My goodness I am so cold ha but I wear my boots everyday and I have to take good care of them so they don't ware and tare! Ok so I've been asked to sing every Monday night in the NVC! It is such an honor and a dream come true! I'm singing Ave maria in German, my favorite! Sister Sanders is very impressed with how good my German really is! Last night I sang and i felt home I almost started crying for a moment. Two things I love being a missionary, and singing in German :) Everyone stopped and just listened and I pretty much take over the whole visitors center with my song ham, oops! But it was amazing and I'm so excited to do that every Monday night! Sister Moore is in charge so of coarse she put me after 8 so more people would be there haha love her! I am so grateful to be a missionary right now and what I sacrificed is so worth it! I just have to keep praying when the butterflies come :) ( family knows what that means).

So this week the square was really slow and i hope you all received my letter home! If not it should be there tomorrow with pictures and a VERY INTERESTING STORY! haha

But I have to share a miracle that made me so happy... We met people from Germany!! And I planned for them I said sister sanders we will have 3 Germans at the map at noon!... AND THEY CAME!! I let Sanders teach because i wanted it to be in German! but at the end i could feel exactly how Inge was feeling. I knew she needed to hear my testimony about the temple and so I bore my testimony in English and told her that this is the most important thing in the world. There was a moment in my life where i had to choose the world or the Savior. and i choose the Savior. This gospel is the greatest gift anyone could ever have! Sanders said that was the perfect thing to say and i invited the women for missionaries and she accepted!!!!! Now she said she is baptist and doesn't need any other book but that's OK. President always says its more important they feel more and see less! Or in this case, know less and feel more! At the end of the tour the old German women found out I sang and asked me to sing! AND I SANG IN GERMAN!! It was amazing.

In the RC i taught a women who literally was mocking me the entire time! and doesn't believe in God. she said Jenna you don't know God is real you haven't seen him. And i told her i know that a loving God would never leave his children and that this gospel is true despite what the things of the world may say! She said how old are you? and i told her i was 21 she laughed and said honey you don't know! And I said June children even know that Jesus loves them.................. hmmmm she thought about that one! Well i invited for her to receive a BOM and she wants one..... then when I said that missionaries would come SHE literally FREAKED OUT! She was like DON'T YOU DARE SEND ME STUPID 19 YEAR old BOYS that don't know WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT TO ME!!!!!
Ha i said OK.... she goes I connect with you for some reason will you send me a BOM marked up and call me back to talk about it?? i said i would love to!! ...

WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT!!!....

Starting in 2 weeks temple square is a TEACHING MISSION!!!!! 8 Zones ALL TEACHING!! That means that June will become my investigator and i can call and teach her! We teach these people and get them to church and then they are comfortable with other missionaries...... AND WE COMMIT THEM for baptism!!!!!!!!! So i could be teaching people all over the world!! Even in the blessing i had before i left Kira's it said, you will never know how many hearts you have touched till you are on the other side! I cried when i found this out!!.... but shhhh we can't tell everyone!! :) AMAZING THOUGH!

Last night i was going down the elevator and I turned and saw Elder Christofferson coming up. i said " hello Elder christofferson and smiled he said hello Sister! And then he watched our performances last night!! So i don't know if he heard me sing! But he might have!!

Sorry this is shorter but pdays are now in the morning so we have no time!

* I met Asians from Irvine .... they live in west park! they don't believe in God and pretended not to speak English! hahaha
* Sunday night the APS found me and said sister Mettra a choir cancelled will you sing for 45 min right now.... uhhh sure? hahaha
* pray I don't slip on the ice!!! I'm nervous!!

I love you all so much thank you for be such an amazing family! At this time what greater gift can we give then the gospel of Jesus Christ??? Please think of your friends and send their name and numbers to me.... Dad, heather, and Zach have seen the results .... no matter if they accept or not is irrelevant. They feel the spirit for the first time in their lives!! WHAT GREATER GIFT!!

I LOVE YOU!!..

Love SISTER METTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment