Monday, March 21, 2011

Never look back

Dear Family!
This week went by supper fast and honestly we were really busy with lots of people teaching. I've never had to remember so many names in my life, and usually I'm really good. But apparently on your mission you get memory block. This email will be a little shorter and more of things i learned then crazy stories this week!!
I'm famous by the way....
So we are just walking around on the square and found these two men by the temple. We started talking to them and one of them said he was a music professor in NYC. Well I said are you a theorist. He was like I think your the first person I've ever met that actually knew that's what I do. Most people ask me what instrument I play ha. Well we took them around and i was so grateful that heavenly father blessed me with an understanding of music because ha lets be honest i bridged the gospel from music and it was amazing. At a point in the tour I bridged the pitch of music to the restoration, don't ask me how the spirit did it ha. Well we had a very powerful moment in the conference center and they both felt it. I asked them if music had ever answered their prayers before. I told about an experience where a professor of mine had played Adagio for Strings and just said, I want you to feel. I don't them how it helped me feel a closeness to God. We testified of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, they ended up not referring but thanking us for all we did. Then at the end he told us his full name, Joseph Strous aka VERY FAMOUS theorist that writes pretty much all the music theory text books! NBD I really wanted him to be my tutor hahah.
June Robbins is back...
Called her after sending her a copy of the book of Mormon with my testimony. Ha she is the one that told me i better not send stupid 19 year old boys to her house that don't know what they are talking about ha. Well something happened in her heart when we were talking, I told her to stop looking for a sign stop looking for proof. I told her to TRY GOD. i committed her for one week to pray if God was there, i promised that God would answer her prayers. I know that God placed me here to speak to her, most people would cry or hang up the phone ha.... but i just make jokes and cut to the point. I'm praying all goes well with June!
We had a Mission meeting on Friday at 6:50 AM!! goodness I was half asleep walking there ha. Well we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and viewed the NEW Joseph Smith movie. it won't come out for a couple more weeks but we saw it! Its close to the same but it says a lot more. They were inspired to make this movie, a teaching movie. So it talks more about what the book of Mormon is and how we can learn its true or not. Its all from the prospective of Lucy Mack Smith. While watching it I thought about myself being a missionary right now. That i was called by God to be right here right now to preach his gospel to everyone i meet!, a feeling of pride came into my body i knew I was where the Lord wanted me. After the movie we were able to bare our testimonies about the movie and what we were feeling. My heart was beating fast i didn't know what I wanted to say. But there was a moment in the movie that spoke to my heart, " God calls us in our weakness, but he qualifies us in the Work." That line read as Joseph Smith was baring his first child can you imagine? Tears just filled my eyes, because I learned something I did not know before, God called Me in my weakness. When I walked into the MTC some 9 months ago I was not prepared for what was to come. I knew one thing and that was I had to make it into those Doors. Since the MTC I have learned more then I would have ever thought. I love my mission it means everything to me. But I know that God called me in my weakness, to push through the pain to keep going, and to never look back. I don't know everything but I know enough. I know that Jesus Christ restored his church back on the earth today through a young boy. God doesn't look on the stature of the Man, he looks on the heart. I testify that God knows us personally. He knows our hearts and who we can truly become. He will never give us more then we can handle, and through trials we learn how to become like him. I've never felt so much love for the gospel or for the people around me. Every soul is great in the sight of god, I know that without a shadow of a doubt. God hears every prayer we say, we just need the courage to take that first step. I love this gospel and i love being a missionary. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored by a loving God, Through a living Prophet. Never look back trust in God and SMILE :)
i love you all!!
Love
Sister Mettra
ps we have a new investigator in Singapore!!!!
?

No comments:

Post a Comment