Tuesday, May 17, 2011

miracles

Dearest Babes...
Well this week has literally been a roller coaster of emotion. Ha I feel like I'm in a glass case of emotion ha.. maybe only funny to me whateves ha.... I have seen the Lord work miracles and right after Satan creep in and put his two cents in. I was pretty use to rejection before my mission, welcome to the entertainment world ha so I thought eh I'll be fine when people reject it but this week proved to me that there is such thing as Godly sorrow and I felt a lot of it. There are days where everyone tells you that your going to hell and what your doing doesn't matter but when it turns into many days sometimes it hurts. I asked myself, " Jenna what is your motivation, why do you keep going?"... My answer came through the spirit ... Miracles give you the motivation to push through the hard moments, Look ahead because your destiny and the miracles are right in front of you. Those words came out of my mouth and I wasn't thinking that in my mind, I was thinking of the Savior. But its so true pushing forward even when the road ahead is dark or clouded with uncertainty, I know that we are not alone because the Lord has been there. I thought about my moments of sorrow this week while listening to, The Lamb of God which btw everyone needs to listen too. But the song when Peter denies the Savior and he feels Godly sorrow, I realized how I would never want that moment to come upon me. So even when everyone says no and that I'm a failure, I can hold my head high and smile because I know that this is true and I don't walk alone. I testify boldly and with my whole heart that Jesus is the Christ the son of God and I will never deny that. I can not because I've seen his miracles in the eyes of the lost souls I find. Just think in your life, what motivates you? What keeps you going? I promise your answer will come in your own way cause God loves you and wants to help you.
God loves us so much that he has restored the priesthood back to the earth through a prophet! Sunday marked the 182 anniversary of the aaronic priesthood being restored. How grateful I am for the power of the priesthood and that through it, we can receive saving ordnance. And when talking to a group of young men and their mission prep class, tears filled my eyes looking at them and I was overwhelmed with gratitude for their choice to serve a mission. We need men to serve. why? Because without them baptism isn't possible and in that moment it all made sense to me why they encourage young men to go. I'm so grateful that the priesthood was restored at this time, and that I can receive the blessings of it. Men anyone who is reading this, do whatever you can to be worthy of the priesthood we need you. I have such a strong testimony of what that power really is, it changed my life. I'm so grateful for my brother and father that have that priesthood to bless our family. Every time I think about blessings I have received from it, I tear up because I know the Lord gave me that blessing. For those of you reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, ask me and I will explain.
Fabio breaks my heart!
Well we met these two young Swiss guys and they were so tender. Fabio and I just hit it off right away cause we are both musicians and love music and everything. Well we quickly realized that neither him or Lincoln believed in anything let alone God. As the tour went on Fabio would open up as we would walk and ask little questions here and there. Then we went to the conference center where miracles always happen as they walked in their eyes were so big and all they said was wow! We started to explain what happened inside, that a prophet of God speaks to the World. They thought that was cool but didn't really catch them as much as the building itself did. Sister Dantas bore her testimony of prayer, Sister Andersen about The Book of Mormon, and I felt the spirit lead my words to speak about the night I found God. Alone in my car one night while it was raining I asked if God was there, and through music my prayers were answered. Tears started streaming down my face because in that moment standing there, the memories and feelings came fleeting back into my heart. I couldn't speak my emotions were to strong, i looked up and Fabio had his hand on his heart he could feel it. I told him I know God loved them and I saw Fabio swallow big. I then decided to sing and it was almost like I wasn't there, I was back in my car. Fabio just smiled and again put his hand on his heart. We invited and Fabio looked at me and said you have a voice of an angel, but I don't think I need God........
Convention thought we would see the sights...... ya right!
We met this huge group from well all over the place and they were here for some crazy convention. Haha I'm laughing even typing this cause how funny these people were. I went into my crazy mood where everything was funny and my jokes were really good ok haha. Mike was the funniest one and he thought it would be a good idea for him to stand on the stage of the conference center and preach haha. He started walking down there and we were like well you can go to this point but not past it ha. He yells like he is about to sing... " I Bet the acoustics of this building are amazing." Hahah he was like talk singing and we were laughing so hard. Then they stopped the lady playing the piano and asked her to play stairway to heaven haha. They were NUTS, and to top it off they said now sing how great tho art! ... Um ok? I did next to the piano and it echos omg you kinda had to be there but it was funny.
How did you know?
I spoke to a girl this week named Hannah and the RC call was amazing, I really felt that I was suppose to talk to her that day. We started talking about why there is a God, how I knew and how she could know. The conversation switched really fast when I felt she needed to know that she was a daughter of God. We started talking about how people see women today, not the same as God does. Well she goes, how did you know? Ha I literally just got back from Ireland and you called. I had been holding onto her card for a while waiting for her to come back. Well She said yes to the Book of Mormon and everything and I was so excited to teach her. Cause for the first time in a while, I felt like I needed to talk to her. Well sadly 3 days later I get a text saying pretty much never mind. Just like with Fabio my heart hurt. Not cause I was discouraged or depressed but because they were so close. We will see what happens, at least I can say the spirit led that conversation, and one day she will remember how she felt.
Light...
At least three guests this week that did not refer, told us that we have a certain light about us. Its in your eyes girls, and like in your smile to? One of them goes really your teeth are white and your all happy what is it? ha we explained of course.
Hungary!
We took people around from Hungary/ Romania and it was amazing. They were all so old and really funny aka my favorite cause I can joke with them! Well in the conf center= miracles again... I felt prompted to speak about prayer and that's how you can know if the Book of Mormon is true, well I sang did you think to pray and no Joke the old man starts singing with me and they started crying it was amazing. I loved them! We will teach one of them which I'm sooo happy about!
Rob.. PTSD
We met this guy and he was totally inactive sadly due a lot to war, but as we talked I knew I needed to talk to him. He was this HUGE guy like 6'9 and like a biker dude. Well I wasn't afraid I made jokes with him and everything. He said he couldn't believe in God after what he saw and it was so sad. We showed a clip of Elder Holland and the atonement of the Savior. He started to tear up but was nervous to share emotion. Well Sister Andersen took the girl and I started talking to Rob. Long story short.. we were talking about when he lost his faith and I looked up to him with big eyes and pointed to him and said YOU MISS THIS. So loud ha I was embarrassed but whateves it needed to be said. I said don't deny what you feel you aren't dead yet be the man you read about in your Patriarchal blessing. Um ok ha really bold of me but he accepted it and said, your right I believe. I committed him to pray again! It was amazing/ really scary cause he probs could kill me ha.
Well Love you all! Next week are transfers so hold on tight!
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment