Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feed my sheep

Dearest Love ones of Mine.....
Well here I sit another transfer has gone by and time is going by so fast. I'm entering now my 8th transfer Yikes!! We had an amazing mission meeting this morning that helped me understand yet again how important this work is. My heart is full of gratitude to the Lord at this time for all of the tender mercies I have seen this week. There were moments this week that I prayed for help and strength and in that moment it came. I would like to start my thoughts in reflecting on this transfer and springing forward to the next that lies ahead. I have been studying a lot lately of the life of Christ, his final moments, his teachings everything. And I was reflecting of who i would be in the last moments of the Savior. Would i be bold and testify who he was? Elder Holland spoke to missionaries in January at the MTC and we watched a little of it today. He said, " You need to be the best missionaries this church has ever had." We are in a war against the powers of Satan and we have to be valiant in all things so that we have the spirit as a shield. He brought our attention to the words of the savior... " if you love me feed my sheep." He asked Simon Peter 3 times because its that important, and if we really loved him that's what we would do. I am so grateful at this time to be a missionary to wear his name on my heart and teach his lost sheep. I love the Savior I love him so much he is my best friend, my brother, my savior and i will serve him until my last breath why?.... Because I Love him and in so doing i will feed his sheep.
I want to share an amazing miracle we saw this week... Adam
Adam was my RC call about 3 weeks ago and although he had heard many things about the church, none of it was true. He is a baseball star to say the least and is originally from Canada but now living here for school. He said that he would come for a tour, and i was so excited!! He had cancelled twice but the spirit said try again. I'm very sensitive to the spirit when it comes to people like this, because God would never give up on his children and i feel the same until prompted otherwise. Well he came and I was able to meet him, to look him in the eyes and tell him how much this gospel has blessed my life and who the Savior is to me. Thomas a member that actually gave me his number came with him and the most powerful thing happened. We were sitting in the conference center and Thomas turns around and pours out his heart to Adam and helps him understand what this means to him and why he was sharing it. I cried the whole time because I know Thomas has struggled in his testimony as well. The spirit was so strong and i was able to testify to Adam that his family would be together forever. For the first time I was looking in the eyes of someone i had found and taught. I was so grateful for that moment in time I want this for him more then anything and I'm looking forward to teaching him!
Its MotorCoach time!!...
You know what that means... 345734503945 people touring and me becoming super crazy and having nutts stories because I'm so excited for summer/ to tell the history ha. This week we took a dutch motor coach and I about died haha these old men would surround us and tell us we were very pretty haha. Then the women would ask a million questions! There were 45 on that tour and when we got the the Christus I just lost it. I could barely make it through my sentence cause the spirit was so strong as i bore my testimony on Jesus Christ, the whole room went silent and i poured my heart out to these guests that had come so far as families. Although none of them accepted a Book of Mormon or missionaries, they will never forget the spirit they felt.
Speaking of MotorCoaches ha.... My new assignment for next transfer....
Well president took me aside this week before transfer conference and pretty much told me everything i was doing ha which he never does. They said this was the hardest choice they had to make. I guess the brotheren are worried about who will be in charge of all the guests at the West Gate and VIP tours .... Well that is my assignment its bigger then being over a zone or district, I'm over the ENTIRE SQUARE. They are white washing it right now and I'm in charge of all tours for the summer, I talk with the tour guides, VIP services. If they have a problem it goes to me then to the APs. Ha no pressure, they called me in their office today and said, Sister Mettra we trust you with everything, God needs you here right now, with the summer coming we need your leadership, personality, and diligence to be the feet of the mission. If west gate fails, so does the square... hmm no pressure! ha so my new comp is sister Albyeta she is from Chino hills CA haha not to far so it will be good!
Time will tell.....
I have been trying to call this guy named Junior for 3 months now and we have never been able to talk. The Lord again helped me understand that I shouldn't give up at all. Today this morning i talked to him and now i know why the Lord had me wait. His heart is softened and he is getting married to a Mormon girl next year. The conversation wasn't long but I taught him about repentance and how much God loves him and wants him to make this step so he can receive more blessings. I felt the spirit so strong when all of the sudden this quote came to my mind... " The pain of sacrifice lasts only a moment, its the fear of the pain of sacrifice that makes us not want to do it." Silence swept the phone and i knew at that moment that is exactly what Junior needed, i committed him to pray to know Gods will and promised he would give him an answer. See only 8 minutes and this mans life will change forever. Because he will come to understand that a temple marriage is what he needs.
" Even if you can not always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can. For he is the very source of Light you seek. He does love you and he knows your fears. He hears your prayers, he is your Heavenly Father and surely he matches with his own the tears his children shed." - Elder Holland
I love you all you are never alone!
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment