Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today is the first day of my life

Dear Babes...
With a new transfer comes new goals, changes, and self reflecting. As I was pondering this morning sitting in west gate listening to some of my favorite music I looked out around me. I am literally sitting where valiant pioneers gave everything they had just to worship. I pictured them walking and pulling those handcarts and thought of my favorite and most touching story I share on tours. Since I have a little extra time I'd like to share it with you. Imagine yourself as this man, what would you do?

There is a story of a man as he made the difficult trek to the Salt Lake Valley, over 1300 miles he started to become very weak and tired and could barely walk another step. He saw a hill in the distance and said, " God I'm going to make it to that hill then I'm going to lay down and die because I can't walk another step." Just as he started walking he felt something push him from behind and saw no one so he kept walking very confused. Then as he got to the point of the hill he felt yet another large push from behind, and no one was there. he realized at that moment that God had heard his prayers, that he wasn't alone and God had sent angels to push his handcarts with him. I know that there have been moments in my life especially on my mission where I have pleaded for the Lord to walk by my side, and suddenly my feet are moving and I'm not the one doing it. Those pioneers had such great faith and never did they let their spirits hang low remember, All is well. And as I sat there early this morning I thought how grateful to know what I do. And that I acted on my faith because I've been blessed so much to serve on these sacred grounds, where millions of people come searching for the missing piece in their life. We can endure the trials of life, why? Because the Savior walks by our side and picks us up when the journey seems to hard. I love my mission I want to be the best me I can. I will fight harder, pray more earnestly and let the spirit guide my every step. This is the First day of the Rest of my Life and I will start strong.

To start off this transfer right of coarse I have two stories why not? So my very first day in west gate I'm helping this HUGE motor coach of lets just call them academy children. Well all of these teenagers walk in dressed up and then all of these middle aged women and 3 men..... Introduced myself and said we are happy to have you here, then one of them turns and says no we are happy to have you HERE..... and all of them I guess where like dude get her number get her number haha... And they were like surrounding me and I was just being professional ha well trying not to laugh actually. They left and I really didn't think anything of it ha..Well little did I know they were polygamist hahahha and I got hit on by them and they wanted me to be one of their wives! SICK ew ahhaha

Remember Tony? The black guy we took around a couple of weeks ago and I sang and he was like Sister Mettra you will never understand how your message was received? Well I called him this week and he was like omg SISTER METTRA I miss you, I think about what you said everyday and I'm praying and I try to help my mind wander so I can hear your angelic voice again cause I miss it. The elders are meeting with me I went to 3 firesides and I'm loving all of this! Remember what I said to you when I was there? I meant it you made an impact on my heart.... I was so humbled that Lord had led me to the temple grounds and I contacted them. I'm so excited to hear what happens next!

Well short and sweet, until next Saturday! I love you all thank you for your prayers they are helping!

Love Sister Mettra

PS if your thinking of seeing me from now till July 5 and you come to the square on Saturday I wont be here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment