Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The plea of the lost soul

Dear babes...

This week I've decided to tell you two of the most powerful moments I've had this week. The Lord never ceases to amaze me at the people I meet. Today I was asked, "what is the most important thing in life Sister Mettra?" Before I could really think, these words came out of my mouth... The Pure Love of Christ is the most important thing. I've addressed love many times in my emails but I truly feel its the most important and ultimately helped me be guided enough by the spirit to have these miracles almost hourly. My heart is so full of love for these people I meet, and I really can feel their spirits and what they need. Someone even said today, thank you for your kindness it means a lot to us. Now think of what just a warm welcome can do to someone searching for the truth. I had the most spirit led tours literally, every step guided us to exactly who we needed to talk to. My eyes saw the people almost before I did if that makes any sense. As we listen and are silent, slow down and wait the spirit will tell us all things we need to know.

The Miracle Box.. Aka West Gate
Well my little home right now is in west gate and I really love it. Especially when you meet people like Coleen and you know she was sent right to you. Well without further Ade... So Coleen came up to the window curious about what this place was. She was here for a Monavie conference and wanted to have a look around. Well she was so golden I cant even explain. I started teaching her the basics through the window and then decided that I would go and sit with her outside. I told her that Jesus Christ had come to the Americas and that she could know for herself. She looked up at me and said, hunny what you just said just makes sense. I feel so much peace right now... I told her who the Savior was to me and she started to open up that she was searching for a stronger testimony of him. And immediately i could feel the Saviors love for her. She was so prepared and we will call her this week and teach her. All because of a secret plea she had deep inside. She said that i was Heaven sent that really she couldn't thank me enough. What a miracle. Oh and she was from the south ;)

Temple Grounds
So we were walking around yesterday and I literally felt/ saw people at the temple grounds we needed to talk to. My comp was like Sister Mettra are you sure we can go on the temple grounds (usually you can not find there) Ha whateves the spirit told me to. And Lo and behold I saw them in front of us so we followed them and started talking to them and I started making some jokes so they wouldn't remember how creepy I turned around and stopped them. Ha its ok it was all amazing and they weren't actually weirded out. Well as we started talking they had lots of questions about the temple and their family was just here on vacation! Well we invited them to see Gods Plan the most amazing film that now is all redone and talks all about temples. They were crying as we bore our testimonies about the Savior. Even the 14 year old daughter was crying the spirit was so strong in front of the Christus. Then we went into Gods Plan and by the end all of us were taken by the spirit. They ended up not referring for missionaries mostly cause the husband was inactive but i know we planted a seed inside their hearts. And the mother thanked us for being good role models for her daughter. Again she said we were heaven sent.

Elder Allen..
Well we had a mission meeting on Tuesday morning. Now i want every RM or Missionary to read this ok .. as a mission here on temple square we rarely if ever get people to come speak to us. Oh and if someone does its at 6:30 AM. Yep that's right. Elder Allen of the 70 came and we had to be there at 6:00 hair done make up done Pres said no wet hair you need to look like beautiful ladies! So we woke up VERY EARLY and i was dead by the end of that day that's for sure. Again the meeting was all about loving guests, and really seeing them as children of God it was wonderful.

Don't you hate Gays?
Thank you Kira :) I owe my sister a big thank you for this miracle. She knows what i mean. So many people in this world think that Mormons hate gays.. well that would be weird cause if we did we wouldn't be followers of Christ. Let me tell you how we found him the course of events that led us right there. pres interviews went overtime, then i went and got food for someone and walked it all the way over the the Beehive house, then felt we should go in a different door and there was DAN. Ten minutes in he told us he had a partner for like 5 years. We smiled and welcomed him and he was confused, he said i thought you guys hated gays. I said haha that is the weirdest thing you've ever said we LOVE everyone. Well Dan was very spiritual and we actually taught him about the temple and he loved it. He said he would give us a call but thanked us for how loving we were. And of course it all ended with a kiss on the cheek and a hug haha.

And the Creator is Back..
Man i know you missed him ha i for sure did. Well jerimiah the creator came back this morning to our window and I saw him walk in the gates and already was on the phone with security by the time he got to the window. So he started talking to my companion and she froze and didn't know what to do ha. I had to scoot her chair over and practically sit on top of her so she would be protected. I had a feeling, it was really strange actually. But he said that we were both beautiful and he wanted to get to know us. Security was behind him hiding and they were watching his every move. Don't doubt he told us that we were very choice women. Ha I said ok well we will see you later and he left. Came back 10 min later crying saying sorry for making us uncomfortable. But he loved us and wanted to know us personally. hahha All is well I took care of it but man is he CREEEPINNNNNNN.



Tats+ Texas= Sign me up!
I know I say this a lot but literally i will NEVER forget Bradley. He came into the west gate on Thursday morning looking for some type of bus. He said he had no money left and lost his way and needed some directions on how to get to a bus stop. The minute he walked in I felt something pull me to him I had to talk to him. Now keep in mind we had 4 unscheduled motor coaches which means about 50 people showing up wanting a tour in many different languages. And that is my job I need to make sure they get one and greet the tour guides and Bus drivers so they feel welcomed. Seriously the hardest job in the world but I love it keeps me very busy. Well all of this was happening but I saw the one, it was like the story in the bible do you see the 99 and get overwhelmed and stressed and leave the 1? But no I saw Bradley and he needed it. I told him to take a seat and I'd help him. I walked over to him and told him I arranged for a bus to come and tonight they would find him shelter and food. His eyes perked up and he said really you did that for me? And I said of coarse, now lets talk about how you got here. Brad had tats from is toes and up his throat. He was about 26 and you could tell he was so lost. I could feel his silent plea for spiritual help, this man needed to know God. We talked for a while and I ended up teaching him about the restoration and testified with all my heart he was led here for a specific purpose. He looked at me after I finished testifying and said, Sister Mettra what you just said answered the questions I've been wondering my whole life. I just smiled my emotions were to strong to speak a word, then he said there was a light I had he has never seen. I then read him Moroni's promise very slowly and sincerely and I could feel every word tap on this man's heart. He started to shiver and said, " I have chills all up my spine." Bradley gave me his number and we will teach him this week..

Phone Call can change a life..
There was a lady that called in angry and wanted missionaries to stop calling cause they were looking for the wrong person haha... Well I felt like I needed to turn this little heart to God. So I kept her on the phone with me and we talked for a little and 12 min in she was asking my questions about me .. and at the end she said.. yeah you can call me again and teach me more! UM MIRACLE... So we will teach her this week and missionaries will actually come haha.

I end with one of my new favorite quotes..
" If only you could see the vision as i have. I wish I had your bodies to do this work. I would run from house to house telling everyone of the gospel. And after I lost the strength to run, i would begin to walk. And after I collapsed from walking, i would begin to crawl. And after my knees were so bloody that I could not use them, I would use my arms to drag myself. And once ever muscle in my body was gone I would begin to Yell!! Oh if only you could see the vision as I have." - Spencer W. Kimball

Intense way of looking at it but that's how I feel about this work. I literally go home everyday wondering how I will possibly make it another day because I am so tired. But low and behold I wake up the next morning ready for a new day, i love being a missionary and being led to the Pleas of the Lost Souls.

Much Love
Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment