Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Painting of life

Dearest Friends...

I had the privilege this week of going to the Hope gallery... Similar to the Carl Bloch exhibit in Provo I went to in November but this had even more paintings. As I walked into the exhibit tears just filled my eyes with an overwhelming gratitude from my Savior. One painting that really spoke to me was when the Savior was being tempted by Satan. Its a heart wrenching painting as Christ stands above Satan in complete peace and below him is the devil with red eyes and all. It has many symbolic meanings but I love how the Savior still stands so peaceful no matter what is happening. We need not to Fear if Christ is with us. Through the last 11 something months I have grown so close to the Lord and we were talking about it as a mission how close you really become to him. And I've noticed the closer I get, the more I miss him. I can feel him there as I'm speaking the words he would have me speak. I've realized that the Lord gives us all the things we can do, then he brings the miracles and as we watch with spiritual eyes we can see these moments unfold. I know that its is vital to have a living testimony of the Savior and through this gallery it helped me see that even more. And I ask myself,what does the painting of my life look like? Does it reflect the Savior in all that I do?

Alma 5:13-14

13And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved.

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

This is what the gospel of Jesus Christ brings, Hope and a change of heart as we turn our will to the Lord. The gallery gave me a added measure of the Spirit and reverence for the sacrifice of the Lord. I know that there were many moments this week that we were placed exactly where we needed to be.

No I want you....

So the day started at 6:20 as we got up early and made a video for Sister Holmes she isn't doing to well so we sang a little song for her. I was already tired when I woke up ha and thought hmm wonder what today will bring. I did a little study and we were on the Square at 8 because of all the tours and everything. At 9 I felt we should go to the assembly hall, and there we find 3 guys from Tennessee! And felt we needed to go to the temple display and explain a little more about temples and the purpose. We let them go a little closer and look at all the rooms of the temple. As we were standing there this women says, "so did you say weddings happen inside the temple?" And I told my comp to go on and talk to the other guys and I would answer this ladies questions. She was so golden and had so many questions i wanted to take her around too but we were already on a tour. She said that the things I said were very interesting and made sense. She smiled and thanked me and her and her husband kept walking. Well just as I was about to walk I felt something literally pull me back like Sister Mettra don't you move ha. I was confused but I stood there for a second and then another women comes up and taps me on the shoulder and says, can you take me on a tour? i said oh sure you can join ours, but I saw other sisters walking and went over to them and asked if they would take this lady and her family around, she was from Ukraine. I figured that would be just fine but she stopped and put her finger up and said, NO I WANT YOU, NOT THEM, YOU. I'm sorry but I felt something when you spoke and i want you. Tears were at the base of her eyes and I have never felt so needed in a moment. Hmm well cant really say anything to that can you. I felt very overwhelmed with the spirit and reverence for being entrusted with this women and her spirit. She felt truthfulness " Sister Mettra your eyes and the way you spoke made me feel." I asked her how she felt as she stood in front of the temple, she replied ' i feel my spirit is hungry it wants more." We took all of them to Gods Plan and tears all around we knew it was only from God all these people were put in our paths. Especially Nina I knew I needed to meet her. At the end her husband hadn't said one word but looked at me and pointed you, you Thank you with tears running from his eyes. This little family had felt the spirit for the first time it was truly amazing to be apart of it. Nina stood by my side every step of the way she could feel I was a representative of Jesus Christ and her spirit wanted that. I gave them our number and know that this was a huge step in their lives. Moments like these help me see the Lords timing and how is all a miracle, every step. Love is not spelt L.O.V.E.... on a mission I've realized its spelt T.I.M.E. that's how we feel the love of God are through spaces of time where he is leading our actions.

A little Texas love...
I received an RC potential from Sister Brevard on of my favs.. and it was actually her brothers friend from high school. Well he went on to say that he was the quarterback of the football team all that stuff didn't seem to spiritual, but after 10 min this young man opened up his heart. I asked him questions i never really thought of before and that's how I knew that it truly was the spirit. As I shared moroni's promise he said, wait Jenna so I can just ask God and he will give me an answer? It was amazing and he fully accepted missionaries and the book of Mormon and said, I don't know Jenna just the things you say and how you say them makes me want to learn more. And i replied, that's because I know they are true.

My time is limited today but I wanted to share those moments from the week and look forward to next week to share the blessings what come. In closing I just want to say how grateful I am for a loving family that no matter what happens is there. And i love you DAD happy Fathers day!

Much Love
Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment