Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentines Day!!
Well for starters I love you all so much and I wish I could give you all hugs right now! Mom today I'm wearing my new red cardigan and my new headband that morgan made me :) I took pictures I'll send them next week promise. My person attribute this week is so appropriate... Charity and LOVE. I really tried to focus to have the PURE LOVE of Christ with everyone this week and pray for those i don't understand.
I feel something I've never felt before...
We took this man Matthew around and it was possibly one of the most powerful experiences I've ever had with the spirit. Two Elders brought him here and we took him around. On their tour I talked to the Elders a little to find out what matthew's background was. And they said, Sister Mettra we haven't even taught him yet we just met him so do what ever the spirit says. Well of course that's what we always do as missionaries!! So I met matthew and he was really shy and didn't talk much at all in fact. I prayed for the spirit to guide me to where this man needed to go and what to hear. I never thought I would say this but I owe role playing a big thank you in this tour. There was a moment that was exactly what we had role played in Zone conference and I was prepared for what he needed. So we walk to the New testament Gallery and I feel he needs to see the atonement picture. As we show him he just is silent and stares at the painting. There was a member in the tour as well and she wouldn't stop talking so i had the other sister take her aside so matthew could feel the spirit. I felt prompted to have him actually read 3 Nephi 19 when Jesus Christ prays. Before I said, "Matthew this painting is my favorite because I know how much the Lord loves us. And no matter what happens in this life, he is there for us, we don't have to fear. I have truly learned that for myself through the power of prayer. Here read this scripture and I want you to pay close attention to how you feel." Matthew started to read out loud it was me standing next to him and the Elders next to me. As he read about 2 verses down he suddenly stopped when he read the words, "And they began to pray and did pray unto Jesus calling him their Lord and their God".. He stopped mid sentence and closed the book and gave it back to me. I'm sorry I cant finish that he just looked at me my heart was racing so fast i didn't know what was going on. He said I felt this surge of warmth shoot through me Sister Mettra and he just looked at me. I said " Matthew that's the Lord telling you this is true." He said I've never felt something like that before, never felt so much love i cant describe it. " Matthew don't forget the way you're feeling right now and don't be afraid." He said , I've never felt good in my life until this moment. I couldn't speak or cry the spirit was so strong it just surrounded us. The elders looked at me and didn't know what to say. As we took him to the Christus I said, Matthew as you walk up this ramp think about how much the Lord loves you and let yourself feel. He walked up the ramp and was so overwhelmed he said he had to walk outside. This man was so prepared and I'm so honored that I was able to meet him. I didn't do anything the spirit did it all... and that's the best feeling. We will now be teaching Mattew as he travels for the next month as a truck driver. The Elders told me that they met with him.. and committed him to baptism in March .... :) I will get to go!!!
Colorado Funnies....
I love desk honestly you can be so ridiculous at desk and people love it. Ha I have had so many miracles and so many people just staying at the desk talking to me cause they think my jokes are funny .... maybe I'm getting better! This one couple comes in and was like they don't know what we are doing. And i said oh first timers you are my favorite haha... We chat for a while and i bridge from their road trip to the pioneers and then to the restoration and invite them to receive a free copy through missionaries. And they accepted.... and then the women grabs my arm and said now I have to ask you a question because I've been wondering this whole time...... Are your eyes real???? !!!! HAHAHAHA I was like yes they are really mine!
I'm a marine.... Ha and you're almost a mormon :)
So I had an amazing RC call this week and I just looooove the RC. No other mission in the world can you connect with someone and teach them if you've never met them. Jonathan is from Aneheim!!! REPRESENT! So he was really closed to religion I met his dad Jose here and he is a member but his whole family is Pentecostal. Well honestly he didn't really want to talk to me and for a second I actually got nervous.. and then I remembered pshhh whateves why wouldn't he want to talk to me 1 I'm a misisonay 2 I'm Jenna Mettra 3 The gospel will change his life... So I prayed while was talking that the spirit would guide me... And i said Why do you know your church is true? ... he couldn't say anything he said you know I've never really thought of it that way. And I said Jonathan you're away from your family right now serving your country. Find out for yourself if this is true. God will give you an answer i promise. He was just silent and said you know my dad has tried to talk to me about this but I never listen.. And i said well as a missionary I can teach you more about this. It was amazing how the Lord gave me the confidence I needed to teach about the gospel. We are now teaching him :)
Lindsi and Edwardo...
Little couple we met yesterday and we were really outgoing with them and really they didn't want to talk to us...but we kinda made them :) Sometimes you just have to smile and let the spirit help talk them into the rest. They were sitting in the SVC and they were just talking. Lindsi is inactive he wasn't a member. And we started talking about the temples and what he believed. He said i don't believe in life after this.. and i said.. don't you like lindsi? Do you want to see her again? That's sad... haha so bold.... But it was what they needed we showed them a clip from little kids telling about what happens when we die and afterwards he looks and us and says... we are actually expecting a baby.... Golden! We just had to pause to let them talk... well we took them through Gods plan!!! AND WE are teaching them on TUESDAY NIGHT ... they live in SLC sooo I'm excited!!! Ah LOVE
Well I wish i could spread more love here on this email with my stories but know that Charity is the Pure Love of Christ and when we love..... everything is better!
I LOVE my mission ... all of it :)
And I LOVE all of you! Have a wonderful week!!
LOVE SISTER METTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment