Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My first baptism

Dearest Family,
This week has been quite the roller coaster of emotions,miracles,blessings BAPTISMS, I love being a missionary .... and telling Satan to PEACE OUT!
Oscar got Baptized!!
So last week i told you about the tender time with Oscar Gomez.... and the next day he was baptized!! The lord truly hears and answers prayers especially ones of souls searching for truth. So after Sunday night as we went home and talked about the Gods Plan.... I knew that he was going to be baptized. I found Spanish speaking elders that same night and we gave him Oscar's info and said get on this he wants to be baptized! And he leaves for Washington on Wed ( aka 2 days later.) I'm so grateful those Elders took it seriously, they called Oscar same night he met with them Monday and Tuesday Oscar was Baptized and Confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints. That was truly a miracle that all of that could happen so fast. So Tuesday night we drove about 15 min away to a local church .... oh but wait there was no water that's right..... So we had to go another 10 min haha. Elder Whitendhouse and I were pretty much in charge of everything. You better believe he told me at the last min ... btw Sister Mettra your song needs to be in Spanish...... uh ok? You would be so proud Kira i sight read Mas cerca dios de te perfectly. The baptism was beautiful .. sorry pictures will come next week. The spirit was so strong the whole time and Oscar just cried when I sang in Spanish! Afterwards he just looked up as he had once before and said thank you thank you, and just put his hand over his heart. It was my first baptism and I was literally so excited! I will never know how many baptisms will come from my missionary work but that's ok because its not by how many baptisms we have, but how many times we teach with the spirit. Oscar has now moved to Washington and will return to Honduras soon.
Honey you can call anytime...
Oh i don't know if y'all ( haha is that how you eve type it?) remember Donna Hughes from December 5Th.... But it was this tender sweet black southern couple that prayed with us at the end of our tour and they loved us. Well i was going through my card the other day and came across hers. I felt like i needed to call her and see if the missionaries ever came to bring her the Book of Mormon.... As we started talking she said oh hunny I keep your note in my wallet and whenever i need a reminder about Gods love I read it. I'll never forget the way i felt at temple square it was beautiful. And I truly know God sent me there. Well we are now going to teach her and her husband until the missionaries finally get there!!... But she said honey you call me whenever we will stop what were doing cause you have such a special spirit we want to listen. I said Donna mind if i say a prayer before I go.... "Harry Sista Mettra's gonna say a prayer turn that off lets hold hands, alright go head we are holding hands bowing our heads"... The spirit was strong again and we are calling her next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment