Monday, January 31, 2011

Blessings falling out of the sky

AH HELLO EVERYONE!!
I love being a missionary so much it makes me so happy you don't even know. Last night I had one of the most powerful experiences of my mission and it was all with our investigator Oscar. My goodness can I just say that the spirit is so real and makes us do things we wouldn't normally do if we weren't listening!
Gods Plan brings lots of emotions...
So we told Oscar to come to the square cause I had actually never met him. He got heart breaking news.... Oscar has to move to washington!!! And he was going to get baptized here!!! I'm so sad cause he wants us to go and to have me sing and his baptism... He doesnt speak much english but he speaks enough to get by and I can speak a little spanish. Well we took him through Gods plan in spanish and he felt the spirit so strong. I said Oscar when you are baptized you can prepare to go to the temple. He was very quiet and reverant. We get into the third room and all of the sudden sister Pervaiz starts making really weird sounds and I'm like shhh what are you doing? And gives me a blank stare... and i knew what was coming... BLehhhhhh she starts gagging and I'm trying to stay calm and not let oscar worry or hear cause it would ruien the spirit.... So she RUNS OUT... and leaves me alone in a dark theatre with Oscar ahahhahhaa.... I was thinking of coarse this would happen right now. So I act calm take him to the next room and poke my head out to find another sister to come in here with me. Sister Kim comes in with me and Oscar is so confused. And I said Oscar this last room teaches about Jesus Christ and I know that Lord loves you so much Oscar... Tears started coming as i told him he wasn't alone. He watched the last film and just started to cry. His head in his hands this 40 year old man was at a loss of words as was I. I couldn't convey what I wanted to say cause i didn't speak spanish. But the spirit told me... jenna give him something better then words... he will understand. I couldn't see him the tears were so thick and I said Oscar the spirit will speak to your heart, I'm going to sing and i promise you will undestand every word i say. He closed his eyes and i started to sing..... tears streaming down all of our cheeks I testified spirit to spirit what he needed to hear. He said jenna I understand every word. I can't speak i have no words..... I said Oscar no matter where you are baptized I am so proud of you for all you have done. The missionaries are finally going over there tonight and we will see what is going to happen! I am so grateful for this moment.
These two guys are always dressed up?
This women comes on chat and starts talking to us... We ask her if we can call her and tell her more about the gospel. She said there are these two guys like preachers or something and they live below me and they are always dressed up. Ha aka missionaries!! She said jenna I'm at a point in my life where I need guidence.... and I said the gospel gives us peace and all the guidence we need. I said, stasha can we pray with you? ( we now get on our knees over the phone while praying) She said she was kneeling down on her apartment floor with us in Texas and we started to pray. The spirit was so strong and she wants to learn more!!! It was amazing. Stasha is only 22 like me!
Antis ehhh Thanks for working in our favor!
So we are on this tour with this cute OLLLLLLLDDDD couple and they had felt the spirit so strong already learning about the temple and everything. They wanted a book of mormon they wanted to learn more they were so sweet. Our last stop was the conf center. And what a lovely surprise.. the antiis are standing out there with their signs telling me I'm going to hell so cool. Then they start talking to my guest and telling her we are telling her lies and that their material is real and we are liars and a lot more. The lady got really close to sister Pervaiz to look at her flag and i said SHE IS FROM PAKISTAN YES THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS is all over the world! .. they just started at me and Jan the old lady just started laughing hahaha... Then they started yelling and her and her husband telling them not to listen to us!! i was getting so mad but I stayed calm and just smiled.... i knew i had to get the spirit back fast in the conference center so ... I sang and they were crying... The women goes you have a peaceful voice when you speak... and when you sing i can feel it even more! Omg it was so tender!!! I loved them... they wanted a Book of Mormon and everything. So actually the antis helped us cause they felt evil and then the spirit!
Well i have to go ... Sister Pervaiz is still really sick so we have to stay home today so she can get better!!
Ps i sang on sunday i heard him come ... and my pianst is from berkley she is amazing!!! It was so powerful mom I wish you heard it!!
Love you ALL thank you for all you do!
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment