Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan.1 Falling into the new year.

Hello Lovely Friends and family!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

So from the title of this email you should have an idea of how I've been haha. December 31 I knelt in prayer thanking my father in heaven for all he has given me this year, and had a moment to remember many of them. As i woke up January 1st I felt a longing to be a better missionary in all that i did. And recommitted myself to do all i can to qualify for the Holy Ghost with me. Well i put on my bright purple cardigan and a big smile ready to start a new year. There were 4 companionship's walking down to the square together and we were all talking about things we wanted to do this year on the mission and laughing and everything... Well you know me might as well call me a space cadet because i am ( jennie marie Moss gave me the name and its so true) Well we were walking across the street and and I was making some dumb joke and laughing and didn't see the Ice patch in front of me........ Well i slipped and fell so hard on my lower back GREAT! I laid in the street in the slush on the curb and just yelled AHHH. haha I wanted to die! i was so afraid of what was going to happen cause that's my BACK. I was covered from head to toe in slush and mud... cute way to start the day. No one really laughed cause they knew how scary that was for me.... haha I'm laughing now its ok you can laugh BREATH haha.... i prayed so hard that my back wouldn't hurt. I iced it and just had faith that it was just yet another trial i must overcome and trust the Lord. I'm ok its a little sore but I'm handling it. I swear I was so careful for the whole month of December and then...... 1st day of January i eat it hahaha HARD. i wish i could have seen it on tape i would have laughed I'm sure of it.

Its amazing how much the Lord prepares people that come here. I have felt the spirit so strong in tours lately and I'm so grateful that the Lord is allowing me to teach his children.

i love pops!

This cute couple comes and we take them around. As i was walking past them before i heard that his sister had served here years before. The sisters that gave us the tour said they were both members just looking around before they had to leave for the airport. We took them around and the women was so cute she had a intense southern accent from Texas and I was so excited! Any time we would ask her a question she would say that pops always answers her questions. her husbands father is like a stake pres or something and knows a lot. Well as the tour went on i could tell that this women needed something from us but i couldn't quite pin point it. Well as we were ending i felt prompted to share a scripture and when i did this women started crying. She said thank you so much i always look for scriptures that will help me because my husband is only home 3 days of the month! I'm very lonely. And then i told her that God loved her and that she was never alone and she just cried. Then i asked her what the blessings of the temple would mean to her.... She said yes it would mean everything because i want my children to grow up in the gospel. i was prompted to share one of my favorites Mosiah 24:12-16 and as i read it she started crying and said Thank you again so much. Well we ended the tour and invited for potentials but i still wasn't satisfied in my heart.... i went into the bathroom and I felt like i needed to wait so i kept washing my hands and then she walked in. She wrapped her arms around me and said, Sister Mettra thank you so much for being so kind to me i felt the spirit thank you. And then the spirit spoke, " Anita have you had the opportunity to be baptized?" .... No sister Mettra I was looking into the church i want a temple sealing....... UH my eyes almost filled with tears i gave her a hug and said I will teach you how you can be baptized. And she said i would love that..... So Sister TaraSevich and I will be teaching her until missionaries come!!! :) :) i thanked my father in heaven for that moment. What a miracle to follow the spirit so closely.

My people!!

A Family from orange county came 2 days ago and they heard the acoustic demonstration and so they knew i was from OC!! We took them around and they didn't have a religion. Typical surfer blond hair family so cute!! We taught them about how they could be together forever and I told the mother that when Jesus Christ is the center of our families we can get through anything! I said my family is glued together because we believe in Jesus Christ! And guess what..... THEY ARE OUR NEW investigators YAAAAAHHH!! So excited i love when my people come i think i glow a little more!

My first baptismal commitment...!

Solomon a man from Ethiopia we found him on chat and now we are teaching him over the phone. He thanks us every time we call and says thank you so much thank you. He prayed on the phone with us and he wants to go to church and be sealed in the temple! He loves to learn about the gospel..... As we were teaching him about prayer we felt like it was time to talk about baptism and so we talked about why it was important... And then i asked him if he would be baptized and he said when i receive my answer from God.... YES i will..... i want my whole family to!! We have only taught him once before but It was the best day ever! I've never met him and i probably never will.... but he will be baptized!!

East coast hospitality.....

Mike was traveling from new Hampshire and we took him around on a tour of the conference center and tabernacle. He was very impressed with everything. Well as we are walking to the conf center Sister TaraSevich goes, its really cold! and he zips up his jacket and says yeah it is ... and I'm like pshhh don't talk haha... i was only wearing a cardigan because my coat is at the dry cleaners so i had no coat this week) he looks over at me and goes where is your coat?? and I'm like oh its ok I'm not even cold.... no really where is your coat?? ha its at the dry cleaners... I turned my head and when i looked back..... He HAD TAKEN OFF HIS JACKET AND PUT IT ON ME HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA.... my companion was dying laughing cause .... you know how that looks to everyone ahha.... well i didn't want to be rude so i wore it on the tour haha.... well as we were finishing the tour by the christus i said thank you so much for letting me use your coat mike. And he said of coarse my pleasure.... Well don't even worry the APS were right behind me watching the entire thing! And then we were walking back and Sister Lamprecht goes.... with a huge smile on her face... Sister Mettra were you wearing that mans coat?? hahahha and they were like what were you doing? and laughing.. and i explained what happened... but of coarse they would be standing right there!!!

Well until next week... I love you all..
Our mission president is having us mark every reference to Jesus Christ in our book of Mormons in red so we can show guest it testifies of Jesus Christ!! Love it!
Stay warm .... Ah ITS COLD!

Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment