Monday, January 24, 2011

Changes Jan. 24

Hello loves!

Well this week we had transfers........ my new companion isn't Sister TaraSevich.... in fact she isn't from this country... Sister Pervaiz is from Pakistan!
I love love love her she is so sweet and humble and doesn't speak much English. I have to teach English so we make flash cards and sing songs and i teach her how to speak. Its amazing I love that I'm able to learn from her cause she is so far away. The only sad thing is that when we are talking she doesn't understand somethings ... well which is good but hard cause i have to be like the protector, I'm the senior. We are teaching a lot and one of our investigators is going to get baptized!!!!!! And we can go cause its in salt lake :) I'm so excited and pray everything goes well.

Heather the attorney

Heather was such an angel and guess where she was from.... Huntington Beach!!! We met her on the square and it was sister P and I's first day together so I had to ask her questions to explain to the guests. But the spirit was so strong with this women. And she wants to learn more!! She said I've never thought about Jesus Christ in this way before. And with tears in her eyes she said she would want a Book of Mormon and missionaries. I'm so happy i hope that the missionaries find her.

x-games

Yeah so we just took around one of the head guys that works for the xgames NBD. He was so nice and he had tats everywhere he is from L.A. And he wants a book of Mormon and we will be teaching him more about how he can draw closer to the savior. He said he had never heard the gospel like this before. I promised him that as he sincerely prayed that he would receive an answer.

Drunk prank calls= miracles... if you have patience

Well Zak/George/Cole was a southern young college guy that called in saying really really bad things! my comp looks at me and says.. sister Mettra i don't get? So i took the call and wow did he have a bad mouth. I was able to end the conversation but then he called back 10 min later looking for me saying he wants to talk more. I told him in our short conversation God loved him and didn't want him to be a drunk fool anymore pretty much ha. And he said he felt something. Now he was really wasted ... but the spirit touched him somehow. Well I called him back later that night and he was in his descend aka when they are so drunk they are depressed and say i love you and are miserable. He told me what was really going on 26, wife left him, baby in the hospital, alcoholic. I said Cole i know that this gospel will change your life just open your heart and let God help you. Most people would hang up on you .. but something told me to call you back. Well I told him that if i called tomorrow he can not be drunk or i will hang up. The next day it was like a different Cole he remembered me and said he didn't drink that morning. We are now teaching Cole about how there is a living prophet and he wants to know how God could love him.

Army man

The sweetest family came and we took them around. They were from the south of course and the husband was in the military. He is investigating the church the wife was a member a long time ago . We taught them about how their family could be together forever. in Gods plan for his family i looked at the dad's long face as he looked at his new baby he just met because he has been away... And i stared in his eyes and said God loves your family so much, he called a prophet so that you could know what to teach your son. Tears pouring down my cheeks this man said thank you so much thank you. And then we told him about the temple. i said when you are baptized and as you prepare you can have the priesthood.... The room was so quiet and he just smiled and he said you mean me? And I said yes you can bless your little new family. Omg it was so tender... they just moved here so if they get baptized i will go!!!!


I know that God really does hear and answer prayers no matter who we are or where we come from. As a missionary i have really been able to develop the skills to listen to the spirit and it has blessed my life so much on a mission. And now I want to just strive to have the gospel always with me.

Love you all
Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment