Friday, January 14, 2011

The power of prayer Jan. 14

Hello everyone!!

Can i start by telling all of you how much i love you and miss you dearly! When we were talking to guests this week they were like... aren't you lonely in the winter time? And i said.. the gospel makes me happy so no not at all!.... Honestly So much has happened this week its hard to write it all down. I have a such a strong testimony of prayer and what it can do at any moment.





3 months of praying....

So 3 months ago we met this girl on the square and we shared some scriptures with her and she gave us a friend to call for her. So I took the potential and I started calling him. Something inside me told me I was the one that needed to talk to him. I called the member back and told her i couldn't get a hold of him and she told me he was on drugs and really needed direction in his life. The spirit said,, " jenna keep calling him." I started praying for tony every night in my personal prayers that he might answer the phone. Every time i called i would leave a message just saying I hoped he would answer his phone soon. Then Jan 8 I said a prayer he would answer and he didn't but i felt a prompting to leave a scripture on the voice mail..... I read the one that you read mom the night i was born. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. And i said " Tony its a small step to answer the phone but this will bless your life so much.".... 10 min later my phone rang and I thought it was someone else. He said " Hey jenna sorry i haven't been answering my phone and i thought it was our investigator Brandon... And he said no its Tony!!!! I had the biggest smile on my face. As i went on to talk to him he told me he never answered my calls because his drug dealer was from Utah and he was trying to get away from all of that. But he always listened to my messages and they made him feel something. He said thank you for calling but right now i don't have time in my life for anything especially religion. And I said you know Tony usually we give up after 5 calls... But something told me to keep calling. I'm not giving up on you. I heard him swallow big.... and I said Tony I don't want to sound weird..... but I have been praying for you every night for about 3 months..... He said with tears forming... that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. someone cares about me, and not my past. And i said Tony you are a child of God he loves you so much and he will never give up on you. He said you know what Jenna I have never felt the way I do right now. Can you call back tomorrow and teach me more about how this has helped you in your life? ......I know that God hears and answers prayer.. Tony needed that conversation if nothing more to know that God loved him. And although i had never met him... I cared.




Broken Dreams....

i talked to this guy Oliver on the phone in the RC and everything was going wonderful.... he accepted missionaries and he wanted to learn more. I told him I would love to send him a copy of the book of Mormon..... He said call back tomorrow and he will give me his address. Well I called back and he was so sweet and excited... and then i felt something strange and he said.... jenna i think I'm going to wait on the book of Mormon.. I don't know if I'm ready yet. Ouch!! that was my 3 dropped investigator it makes me so sad. i just had a tear and told him he had the number if he changed his mind. I took a moment for myself and tried not to cry. I went into the other room got on my knees and pleaded with the Lord to help Oliver remember what he felt as i taught him about the gospel.... Everyone has their free agency I wasn't discouraged just sad for him.




Desperate times call for Desperate measures....

Well Sunday afternoon we were on the square and we say a big group of college students. I could tell they didn't want to talk to us because they had already been talked to.... But i didn't care. I put a big smile on my face and started talking to them. They actually thought my jokes were funny and i pretty much dragged them into the tabernacle hahaha.... my comp was laughing really hard cause i pretty much didn't give them a choice. Well We did the acoustic demonstration for them and everything and they loved it! Then one of them asked what I studied in college... and i said music and he said are you a singer?? And i said yes sir... he goes please make our trip and sing for us!!!..... uhhh...... Well..... no one was in the tabernacle and they only had a short time... they needed to feel the spirit and fast. So i agreed to do it. TaraSecvich's eyes got big and i just smiled and said this is one of my favorites... nearer my God to thee.... the spirit was so strong they all just stared and I bared my testimony so strong of the power of prayer and scriptures. i invited them to learn more but they were in a hurry and i think didn't understand what they were hearing.... But it was amazing! and they all were really happy i drug them in there.




This week I really learned what it means to be spirit lead again.... As we were on chat I was able to explain things like i never have before! I love the gospel!

Love you all .... Monday are transfers soooo pray I stay with TARAA!!!!

love Sister Mettra




No comments:

Post a Comment