Monday, February 28, 2011

Drinking gallons of humble juice

Dear Loves of mine.....
Let me start off by saying that sometimes we don't understand why things happen but we do know that everything happens for a reason. I have partaken ha of a couple gallons of humble juice this week and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to share. On Friday Morning I woke up literally dead my eyes had a heart beat, my nose was plugged, my body ached from head to toe and i had a 100 degree fever. The zone leaders told me to stay home and rest. I've never had such a horrible sinus migraine in my life i couldn't sleep all day I took WAY too many drugs even haha to help. I felt so out of it and like I wasn't here. Well about 2:00pm I started to feel better but just kept sleeping to take advantage of the time to recover. I came out of my room and told Sister Pervaiz i was taking Tylenol PM so i would be out of it for a long time. Well about 5pm she runs into the room and says, Sister Mettra Sister Mettra WAKE UP ... I felt like I was half dead haha ... I'm like yes princess what can I do for you. She says sit up guess what... I'm like what??? ........ MATTHEW IS GETTING BAPTIZED TONIGHT!!!!!!!..... Now do you all remember Matthew? He was the one that we took on a tour and he close the Book of Mormon mid sentence cause the spirit was so strong? He was driving cross country and we called him and prayed with him and told him we knew that as he read the Book of Mormon he would feel that same spirit. Well he called the Elders a week later and said I want to get baptized. So they only taught him once and we taught him like twice including that tour...... My eyes were so big even tough i could barely feel them haha... I got on my knees right away with Sister Pervaiz and we prayed we could go to his baptism that every ones heart would be softened... Well I acted like i was totally fine, I really did feel better ha of course our investigator was getting baptized. Well we got ready and waited and waited for an hour next to the phone. It was such late notice that we didn't know if President would approve it. Well the baptism was going to be at 7 and it was now 6:30... The zone leaders called and said because i was sick .. we could not go! My heart just sank he wanted me to go to urgent care cause i had such a high fever but I said no no that's OK. Our two choices were A go on the square since i was " feeling better" or B go to urgent care.... I prayed to understand why the heck this was happening! I called the Elders and told them the sad news they said they would tell him how proud i was of him and to come to the square again so I can tell him in person. After I got off the phone with the Elders all of the sudden my heart just felt joy. I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling, we were instruments in the Lords hand the baptism wasn't the most important thing to attend.... it was when Matthew felt the spirit for the first time and got his answer. I said Sister Pervaiz lets smile and find a new investigator on the square!
My head was still spinning but i felt something pulling me to the square and i was so happy. Literally 10 min later we walk up to the christus and see Benjamen. now i met him 3 transfers ago he is kinda homeless but not really its hard to explain. Well we saw him with his head in his hands and i knew we needed to talk to him. We went and sat in front of him and i said excuse me do you remember me?
B: Of coarse sister how are you
M its good to see you I'm doing well, how are things going are they getting any better?
B Actually they have taken a turn for the worst...
( Now Benjamen has chosen to be homeless cause when he has money he is too tempted by the things of the world and because of money he lost his family cause he cheated and lied and everything)
M Oh no whats going on?
B I just came here tonight cause i almost got in a fight and I needed to clear my mind
He has had a really hard life, talking to him a couple of times i know his story and what his problems are.
Sis P: Benjamen .. I know that when we pray God hears and answers our prayer cause that's how i found the gospel and the book of Mormon
he pauses and says yeah i don't really pray anymore......
M: Why aren't you talking with God that's your only source of truth?
The spirit was so strong this man is so lost. He is a member but loosing his faith because of his pride in himself and his ways. I told him that God would listen if he would talk. Then something amazing happened I felt prompted to read a scripture with him and he just put his head in his hands and looked up and said something I'll never forget.
B: I came here to clear my mind... But actually I needed someone to talk to, someone with spiritual eyes, Sister Mettra I needed you. Not just anyone, you. Thank you for stopping and talking to me you really dint understand what this means.
M: Ben have you gotten a blessing?
B You know i don't trust the priesthood right now
M I promise that when you get a blessing, God will answer your prayers he is waiting but you wont talk. Put your pride aside and Trust God
He said he would and thanked me for being so bold and i said don't thank me thank your Heavenly Father.
Now I knew in that moment, that's why we couldn't go to Matthew's baptism because Ben needed us. He needed our testimonies and our help. Sometimes we don't know the why, but if we follow the council of the Lord he will show you the why in ways you never thought. The next day we get a call from the Elders, Matthew didn't get baptized till like 9:45 so we wouldn't have been able to stay anyways. God knows we just have to trust him. I am so humbled this week in trusting God even when its hard, we always walk away with a greater love and understanding for the work.
Transfer time again!
Sadly I'm not staying with my Pakistani princess's.
I'm going to be with Sister k. Anderson from Las Vegas and I'm just going to be a normal missionary which is totally fine with me. So many people strive and will do anything for a leadership role but I say whateves... we are all the same! I'm excited for this next transfer!!
i have more stories but the first one took a long time ha I love you all and miss you DUHHHZ.
I have been so humbled on my mission everyday as i walk with faith trusting God and doing his will. Miracles are right around the corner i can feel it. I love this mission and how we really are teaching the world. President said we are paving the way for missionaries all over the world and for the future. This mission is watched everyday by the first presidency totes Vip status. Oh by the way we have a new investigator in NIGERIA!!!! Yes we met him here and he is a really big Doctor over there in Africa. I'm excited!
Love Sister Mettra

1 comment:

  1. When did you get back out in the field?? SO COOL!

    Also, I am glad that you got to talk with Benjamin. I hope that you are now feeling better!

    ReplyDelete