Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August 30

Good Afternoon everyone!!
Again this week has been so crazy sometimes what happens in the morning feels like 3 weeks ago i can barely keep up with everything in my brain! Its already getting a little colder!!! :( EWWWW Aka FREEZING... but today is PDAY and i'm going to see the Joseph Smith movie which is pretty much my favorite thing in the world and i want to watch it everyday! Ok so this week there were so many miracles and not enough time to take it all in honestly. So i pray all the time to remember what happens!.. Ok I'm really good with names until i came on a mission!! I have to literally look at the person and find something that matches their name ha. Like Michael on the office ha no Joke... like yesterday this man had green eyes and his name was Greg so that was simple ha but most of the time i have to think of really weird analogies! This week i saw a couple people and it was soo tender!... I saw Tanner Renshaw a good friend from freshman year of college he just came back from his mission, and Burke hendricks from school, and then ..... SCOTT and MIkey!! came yesterday and i was so so happy to see them! I love seeing people it makes me have the biggest smile :) Here are some stories from the week that are AMAZING!
First lets talk about Kevin! ... This big black guy with aLOT of jokes haha. A companionship was already talking to him but i felt strongly i needed to talk to him and we would be friends. I told my comp and she just laughed... I made us stand in the way so he had to walk around us when they were done talking and then... sure enough he looks at me and asks me to help him with the computer. I gladly smiled and started up a conversation. Later we learned he is a CEO for some huge company in Texas... Well that just made me happier ha. He was funny but so intense and did NOT understand Jon smith ha i said well you better get your facts straight its Joseph smith haha and he thought i was funny and had an attitude so we became friends. I bore powerful testimony of how we lived with our Father in Heaven before this earth and he had no idea! it was amazing to see the light in his eyes switch. He felt the spirit and he couldn't deny it. I told him how I came on a mission and what I sacrificed to be here. He had nothing left to say ... the spirit was so strong and he had to leave but he said, ill be back.. and i said yes and you come and find me! ... The spirit told me that it was ok that i didn't invite for missionaries because kevin was coming back.
Second... Couple from California comes through and the husband doesn't believe in anything other then the bible... Sister R walks and talks with the wife while i work on softening the husbands heart... it worked :) he kept talking and he couldn't deny the peace he was feeling. He took me aside after i poured my heart out about the atonement and he said, you know you have a gift right? And said what do you mean and he said, You have a very unique personality that is one of a kind. I smiled and wasn't quite sure what he meant but it was really humbling. Then later he pulled me aside again after i bore my testimony about prophets .. and he goes Sister Mettra you have a gift you are very good at what you do. You can make people FEEL. Whatever you say people can feel the words you say, that is very rare. That moment was so precious to me because i was having kinda a rough day.
Third... 2 girl walk in from Texas... originally from Spain and the spirit was so strong.... they are going to get baptized for sure... They are from Houston Texas!! They want missionaries
Fourth .. yesterday CUTE couple walks in and we take them through Gods Plan.. i felt very strong they needed to see it. They were members and the husband looked like Zach... well they were crying through the whole thing and at the end. The husband can't even speak. I was baring my testimony about the atonement and how i am a missionary today.. and he looks up at me and says i don't even know you but I'm so proud of you. Thank you for everything you have sacrificed to be here. And went on to say that it had strengthened their testimony. i was so humbled I just cried of coarse!!!! i will never forget them! they are coming back for a tour to re activate some people! Words can not express the spirit in that room!
ok well i have to go... Ew i have so much more to say!!! I love you all... you are all in my prayers nightly!!! Thank you for all the support....
Mosiah 24: 12-14 will get you through anything I read it everyday!!! HAVE faith that he WILL I love you
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment