Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sep 28th

Hello Everyone!
This week has been so rewarding and semi the hardest week on the mish so far ha. Don't you love how Heavenly Father just knows you so well! Uh how about I met angels this week and I wish i could teach them all the lessons and go to their baptisms!! Its so humbling to know that the Lord trusts me with each person I meet. And with these stories I think you will start to understand what I mean! BTW I am in denial about fall coming but when I meet people from Jersey Shore and they all have fake tans ahah it makes me see how seriously white I'm getting. But hey I have the NATURAL GLOW of the spirit and that's all that matters :) ( that was really good haha I give myself 5pts)
TENNESSEE WHAT UP!
This is for kira.... I met 2 young guys from KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE!! .... and more specifically Farrgut! Uh you should have seen my eyes I was so excited to talk to them. So I saw one of them and I went up and just started talking to him and he was really nice and ok fine he was pretty good looking ha. But that's not the point... I started to teach him about the BOM because he had all these bad things to say but that's because he had never been taught the truth. The spirit was so strong and I stood in between these tow guys and read Moroni's promise and said, When you pray Heavenly Father hears you. And I just started bearing my testimony about the gospel. One of them smiled and was like dude I have chills. And i said, dude its the spirit and this is real stuff. I would love to send a BOM home to you and have missionaries ( aka Durrant, Hoyt you Reading this!) come teach you more. They just smiled and said I would love a BOM i have never heard that Jesus Christ ever even came to the Americas. Then the other friend goes.... Well we are staying with our buddy tonight and he is a RM and he would love to teach us more and give us a copy i bet! Thank you so much for talking to us cause we are for sure going to talk to him .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was so close.... but its ok the Lord heard all of this and I pray every night for Jared and Phil and for missionaries to find them! But I loved this story and had to share!.
I'm glad it rained...
So Sister R and I were covering the SVC desk so that means we greet people and if they have questions we can talk to them and stuff. So Sister R was talking to this man about the BOM and i saw this guy outside and i knew i had to talk to him... Well it starts POURING and he comes inside. He was about 6'4 scruff and looked like Bon Iver brek... ha so really cool! plus he had vans! Well I just smiled and welcomed him and I told him to go see the new temple display and come back and tell me what he thought. Well he came back and we started talking about life and what not ( building the teaching environment ha) And I found out he is a film editor and writer and musician ... Uh sureeee. So i felt prompted to talk about temple marriage for some reason so i did. And I remember thinking what the heck am i doing talking to this 25 yr old about eternal marriage ahha. But i kept going. The spirit was so strong and I felt so much peace talking to him. And he thought I was funny so obviously that made everything better ha. I taught him about what the Book of Mormon means to me and what it could do for him. I said I would love to send you one and missionaries to come teach you more. He smiled and accepted. After he filled out the card we started talking about how the Lord answers prayers and I don't him about the experience I had with music. How i feel so passionate about it and Heavenly FAther knows that. And so the Spirit testifies of it. He thought that was really cool. He thanked me for being so insightful and I told him it wasn't by chance we met. He just laughed and shook my hand and then i said bye........That night I prayed so hard for Jon. And that hw would be safe, because he was traveling alone cross country. The next morning guess who came back...... jon! I saw him again and he came back to thank me for the day before. He said that it was truly inspiring and life changing. He wanted me to give him my favorite scripture so he could have it when he got his own copy. I was so humbled because the lord let me meet Jon and he needed my testimony. He said remember how i told you I'm happy it rained.... well as I left there was a hail storm! I thought you would think that was cool. I don't know sister Mettra this trip has been really eye opening. And then he told me he was going through a divorce his wife just left. Now i know why I felt prompted to talk about temple marriage. He said sister Mettra you talk about marriage with such a sacred reverence and its really nice. And i said Jon when you find the person you love and treats you the way you should be and respects you for you... don't you want to spend eternity with them? The spirit was flooding out of this conversation. I will never forget Jon and he took a picture of me as one of the people that are life changing. Heavenly Father is mindful of his children and i know he sees Jon and his struggles. I'm just grateful i was able to be apart of it for a moment. Its times like this that help me understand the true call of a missionary. Temple Square is where I needed to be at this time so i could meet jon.
The prophet is peaceful....
We met a Man named Alanzo really nice black pastor from Oklahoma! He was so sweet and humble in everything he said. His wife was the same way and they just wanted to learn all about the church. We took them to Scripture Revelations and showed them a clip of jospeh smith he was taken back and felt the spirit. We asked him if he thought it was possible for a prophet to be on the earth today? And he said well i think so, the bible says that moses and Elijah will visit a prophet so i guess if that happened then yes..... Uh sister R and i just started at each other and smiled... as we taught him that event actually happened. He was so impressed and as we walked into the conference center he said, man I wish I was here next week so i could hear the prophet.....We said you can listen back at home! As we walked past a picture of Pres Monson.... he just stopped and said, there is something about that man he is so peaceful. I just feel good when I look at it. OK NOT KIDDING! this man was so prepared and he and his wife wanted a DVD about Joseph smith, the Book of Mormon and missionaries! It was one of the most amazing tours we have ever had.
Celebrating life!
Couple from Louisiana. He is celebrating the fact he survived cancer and they decided to take a trip out here. He was just tearing up at the end and wanted to hear more about the book of Mormon and how families can be together forever. The spirit prompted me to sing...... I need thee every hour. i sang and the assembly hall was empty and the spirit filled the room. Tears coming down their eyes they said, hunny you are an angel. And we said it wasn't be chance we met. I know we need the savior every hour of the day and he loves you so much. AMAZING
Beehives?
Canadian young guys come and want a tour of temple square. We gladly took them ha for some reason all of the sisters give me the young guys cause they cant focus...ha I don't get distracted for some reason. Well anyways we are walking to the Christis and they go hey our logo for our company is a beehive and we hear that the Mormons have that too? Where can we find out more about this ..... uh the Book of Mormon haha and we showed them and they thought that was really cool. ALL of the question they asked were answered in the book of Mormon.... We taught about the temple about 10 am outside of the temple. It was beautiful and peaceful... the spirit was so strong and i started into this guys eyes and told him marriage and families are for eternity. Sister R said he was literally staring into my soul and the spirit was so strong she almost started crying. They sadly denied the spirit and didn't accept missionaries but its ok ... but he has a book of Mormon and he said because of that moment he will open it up again. Powerful short moments is what stick with people!
Don't be afraid
Steven investigating the church 16yrs old. The missionaries sent him to us to take him around. Well we took him through Gods plan and he was a teenager with few words but he felt the spirit. We both testified that the peace he felt was the spirit telling him this is true..... and then the spirit took over and i said. Steven when the missionaries talk to you about getting baptized... Don't be afraid! You know this is true and Heavenly Father is waiting to bless your life. Baptism is just your first step.... It was so cool cause I felt like I was committing to baptism which i kinda was ahha!!
Last experience...
I was in the Tabernacle at music in the spoken word. And the choir sang a child's prayer.... The spirit was so strong i just started crying. No matter how small the prayer may be he HEARS you don't forget that!!.... in fact we met a man from Scotland that wanted missionaries because of the peace he felt during the song.... I LOVE the SPIRIT!
Well I love you all so so much and miss you! I sat a couple hundred feet away from the prophet on Saturday night during the relief society broadcast. And I know he is a Prophet. The power and message he shared was undeniable and I love him. I am so humbled that i had that opportunity and i will get to go to conference!!.... there will be thousands of people here!!
i love you all MISS YOU
LOVE SISTER METTRA
Remember...... When you trust God... you become fearless :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Sister Mettra! You're awesome...the army of the Lord is amazing. Hoorah for Israel Jenna, keep up the great work-love, Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry every single time that I read these letters. I love Sister Mettra!!
    (Thanks Kira for doing this!)

    ReplyDelete