Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sep 21

Good Afternoon little loves!
Well here we are a week and a Day later! ... I'm in the north Zone now i think i told you that last week... but that means that my P-days are now Tuesday! Well this week has been slow to be honest, our numbers are getting a little less and less because people are going to school or something pshh ha. But that means... prime time for seniors and Germans!! We counted up our transfer numbers on Monday.... guess what! 83 referrals! That means 83 people closer to Christ with missionaries in their homes!! That is a miracle, people were telling us that is out of control no one ever gets that. But to me its all i know ha. Sister Rathgeber says its me because I'm so intense and become peoples favorite person. But its not its the Spirit.
Yesterday would pretty much be the most eventful day so I'm going to talk about that one! We started off with a tour with a man that literally knew more about opera and the gospel then me ha. Aka we were meant to meet each other. I told him some of my favorite operas and he made me sing a little. The only thing he was missing about the gospel, were the basics... that's where i come :) I was telling him about book of Mormon stories and how it all came back to us today. He kept asking me why i wasn't singing in Germany and i said because Jim this is really really important... He felt the spirit really strong and he couldn't deny it. He wants a book of Mormon to read more.
Run away Nun
Yep that's right we met a nun of 17 years she left the convent a couple years ago because she wanted a new life. She was so sweet and humble though so she didn't bible bash even though she knew more then i did. What she didn't know was about the temple and how important families are. She was so impressed and tears came in her sweet blue eyes as we taught about temples. She didn't refer for missionaries but that's OK because we planted a seed!! Oh and BTW I sang to her because she asked me to, amazing grace. As i sang ( picture this ha) I'm standing in front of the temple and shell fountain, the sun parts through the clouds and the wind blows my hair back! uh thank you Heavenly Father!
Barking Humans
This might not be as funny to you.... but it was really funny to me. We were waiting to cross the street to the conference center and i was talking to my comp and all of the sudden this Indian women came around the corner and talked in my ear! Ha i was so scared i literally barked at her in a scream haha. And she jumped it was seriously so funny I was almost crying.
I love black people
This man came with his wife... he was 75 she 81 Oldies but goodies... Well after we taught about temples and the Book of Mormon... jim told me that he had read the entire bible! And so i read him Moroni's promise and he said, The good Lord saved me for some reason because the rest of my family died. And I just promised him that his will bring him the questions of his soul. .. He is having missionaries :)
Seniors Rule
A tour of 35 old ladies and gentleman came on a little walk around temple square with us. I love big tours because i get to tell stories! Well this was more like a press conference ahah. We were in the tabernacle and these people all had 5 questions each and all were deep doctrine haha. It got to the point where I was taking half of the group and sister R took the other half. One of them even asked if I knew the lords prayer. And don't doubt I re sited the entire thing catholic? thanks dad? haha She said that's nice you know other religions other then your own haha . And i just smiled cause i laterally had no idea what i was talking about haha. Then their tour guide stood up and started preaching about the building telling historical facts and all of the old people were falling asleep. I tried really hard not to laugh but i couldn't help it haha. But in the Assembly hall is where the spirit came. We taught about the BOM and Joseph Smith aka my favorite. And the prompting just came.... sing Jenna. So I most definitely sang and again a light came in the windows and it was complete silence. Everyone was crying and we got like 5 referrals. it was a tender mercy.
Conference is coming soon and I'm so so excited!!!
I love you all so so much thank you for everything.
Remember... " all our loses will be made up, If we are faithful"
Joseph Smith
And when things get hard I pray for a song to come into my head that will help ease the burdens... And clear as a bell the other day this one line appeared... Fear not I am with thee oh be not afraid. Heavenly Father hears your prayers! Keep praying!
I LOVE YOU ....... AHHH i miss everyone!!
Two of my best friends came to show me their left hand..... Jennie marie Jackson... and alissa Manning!! I love them and I'm happy/ so sad I wont be there!!
Love sister Mettra

1 comment:

  1. SIS METTRA!! I am so excited that I found your blog! I hope that you got my letter to you that I sent through sister Barateirro. I love her! She told me that the work on temple square is even more crazy and active than it was in the past! I can tell from your post that it is true! I hope that the work continues :)

    ReplyDelete