Monday, September 13, 2010

Sep 13

Dearest Family!
Oh my stars where to begin this week, words can't express all that has happened in only a week span It is truly incredible. The Lord has sent many prepared people this week and I was privileged enough to be an instrument in his hands. We have met people from New Zealand, Switzerland, Hatti, Germany, France, Holland, China, Irvine ha pretty much everywhere ... and lets not forget the south! I love people from the south... especially the funny black ones, i literally plan for them ha :) Unfortunately this week I didn't have as much time on the square as i would have hoped for. My body decided to hate me and I got bronchitis and a really bad cold/ kinda flu. I was in bed for an entire day with FYI is never allowed in the temple square mission. But my Zone leaders saw that i was trying to fake it and act like i was ok when in reality, i was dying ha. I was so sick, like the same sick I was in the fall almost ha minus the heart monitor. But Wednesday I decided I was going to just not be sick even though it took everything out of me. Mom I could have used some of your soup ha. Even though my body ached with every step, I kept smiling and here are some of the Miracles that I was rewarded with.:)
Wednesday night Krystal Osborne came to temple square to see alyssa and I!!! It made me so so happy I will send pictures because we are literally twins. So we were walking out of a conference room when this College Soccer team walks into the SVC. One of the sisters motioned for me to come over to the desk and said, " Sister Mettra your good with this kind of stuff will you take them cause we are to nervous." Ha nervous cause they were a GUYS soccer team. I gladly accepted ha and my companion just started laughing because she knew i was happy they thought of me. So we took 25 Soccer players around temple square and taught them about the gospel. I'll admit many of them were looking at their cell phones and not paying attention. But I started making jokes so they thought i was kinda funny so they started paying attention. At the end we broke up in smaller groups and invited for missionaries to teach them more. 2 Of the guys with me accepted and the coach ( 23 yrs) Just started laughing at me. And said first they have you read, then they want you to come to church. And I turned and said, " oh really coach so sassy, you know you want the Book of Mormon too."....ha ... he accepted :) Then sister Rathgeber told them i was an opera singer... Uh great! They said i had to sing for them ha it was about 8:45pm no one on the square standing in front of the temple. They got the other members of the team and all made a circle around me and waited for me to sing. Ha 35 guys arms around each other looking at the temple as i sang nearer my god to thee. ( the only thing my voice would sing) ... They swayed and snapped along one tried to even make beats to it ha. The spirit was so strong they couldn't deny it. So mark that down in history I sang for the sterling Soccer team from Kansas ha. Sister Rathgeber was like " only with you sister Mettra would that ever happen ha."
We are here for certain people...
We met this women Elle from Arizona. She was traveling with her husband and was so interested with everything the church had to offer. We took her to the NVC and showed her the Christs she was blown away and couldn't express what she was feeling... aka the spirit. She was asking me some questions and my comp was talking to her husband. She said honey you explain things so well I understand everything. After walking around for a while she wanted to go to the humanitarian center. We were walking out and she said I know I was suppose to meet you Sister Mettra thank you. I agreed and told her I knew it wasn't by chance. The next day we saw her again and she was enthralled with the Temple display and wanted to know everything. She said she had filled out one of the cards we had so I thought she already accepted missionaries. Um when I asked her again she said oh no i don't want anyone coming to my house. I was so confused, she wanted to know everything but she didn't want to hear it from anyone else. I told her to just accept it and be open. ha aka COME ON! again she said no.... I said you know what Elle.. you came back today cause the lord is trying to tell you something. You know that this is true and I know you will get baptized. Ha spirit said it not me! She was taken back and just said, really? And I said Elle I can promise you, that you will go to the temple one day with your husband. She said well we will see then. I said no I know you will, and she told me she would write me a letter when that happens! Ha The spirit has a way of being blunt even when I didn't want to be ha.
Miami gueedos ( brek you know how to spell that ha from jersey shore)
This last experience will not be one I will soon forget. We were standing outside of the tabernacle waiting for music in the spoken word to get out on Sunday morning. A man came up to me and asked where he could get a tour. He was a member but had work friends that were not. We gladly started showing them around. At first i couldn't read these guys, they all had crosses so i knew they believed in Jesus Christ but I didn't quite know their needs yet. As we were walking downstairs in the NVC i was talking to one of them named Sean. He looked about 28 maybe and he was married. We started talking about families and how they can be together forever and he goes, yes so happy I got married later in life. And i said what your like 28 ish. he said... Uh I'm 42 hahaha WHAT I hit him ha oops I was like stop being weird you are not 42. He was but he looked really really young. Anyways that was a side note. At the end of the tour for some reason the spirit just ran over my body talking about September 11th. As I poured out my heart and soul to these guys they were tearing up. I said the BOM brings me so much comfort word cant even express. I know that the Lord hears and answers prayers, and I would love to send you a BOM back home to Florida where missionaries can teach you more. ALL of them EXCEPTED the missionaries. I was in a different world honestly I can't even remember what i said. Then when we were saying goodbye, Sean says sister mettra that was incredible and just grabs me and gives me a huge hug like a bear hug haha and kisses me on the cheeck ha I didn't know what to do. As the rest of them did the same haha. All the sisters were just looking at me ha I can't help if they feel the spirit ha! You should have seen my face I was so thrown off. Sean said, I felt it thank you:)
Couple from NYC
This couple from NYC was so funny ha I can't even explain. The husband had a thick new york accent and was amazed by everything and anything he saw. His wife just rolled her eyes and laughed at most of what he said. They were 26 and had a little puppy all blinged out ha. We took them through Gods Plan and the spirit was so strong, they slowly became interested about learning more. They said that they were on a spiritual journey right now traveling all over the country.... GOOD STOP! ha Sister Rathgeber and I bore powerful testimony of why this message is so important. They are excited to have missionaries come teach them back at home. They were so grateful we stopped and talked to them and said there must be a reason why. Then the husband gives me a big hug and says thank you for everything hahah WHAT is the deal all of the guest just hug me haha. It just makes me laugh to look at the sisters around me!
Well there are more stories to share but until next week!
I love you all so much and you are in my prayers .... ps this morning was transfer conference ... I'm staying with sister Rathgeber! .... but moving to the NORTH ZONE!! aka I will be in the North visitors center!! yay!! I'm so excited... oh and alyssa.... Sister Lamprecht was just made.. AP. WOW and kathryn... aka Sister Moore is coming on wednesday and I can not wait!
I love you all!! Miss you so much!!!!
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment