Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference weekend!!

Good Day!!!
My goodness we made it through another wonderful inspiring conference and I loved every minute of it! I love how President Monson gave a shout out to temple Square, this is the place! Aka Temple Square thanks! ... After 3 days of hard work, seeing over 100,000 people we are all humbled and refined in wanting to be better servants of the Lord. Our days were 14 hours starting at 7 Am and ending about 10Pm.. I think my cheeks are broken from smiling so much ha we never know who is getting in the Ensign right? Well we were so blessed to have inspired members that wanted to share the gospel with their friends. We contacted over 300 members just in our companionship. My feet are still purple and swollen but its a good pain, my back made it i fought it and we received many blessings from it. So last night at 9:00pm we all piled into the Tabernacle to see what our hard work had brought! All tired and exhausted, we sat together and waited for the number. As a mission we made a goal of 6,000 potentials in 2 days. Finally we had all the tallies and the Assistants just started crying and I sat in prayer, praying we made our goal cause it wasn't as busy this conference and I was afraid. We sang the spirit of God and I felt an overwhelming spirit that I've never felt before. I know that the Lord was with us in that room celebrating with us. Well I'll just tell you what the Lord was able to help us achieve, in 2 days with rain, snow, thunder and tired bodies we received........ 6,455 potentials!!!! Tears just came to my eyes, do you understand that's 6,455 children closer to Christ. At least half of them will be baptized from all over the world. Conference brings such a new meaning to me, I want to have this enthusiasm to improve my life always. We are so blessed to have a Prophet today that loves and cares for us. Only through the power of God were we able to achieve that goal.
Just Passing through...
A Mexican man came and was wondering why there were so many people here? We were able to testify that God had called a prophet once again on the earth and that he was speaking now! This man was so curious and wanted to know more about everything we had to say. In my broken Spanish again I testified that Jesus is the Christ and the Book of mormon testifies of that. This man and I were speaking spirit to spirit, how humbling. He referred for missionaries to come teach him more!
A Child's prayer...
So As i told you last week that Travis prayed with the missionaries!.. But this week I was blessed enough to listen to him pray. I cant really express how it felt to hear him pray, to really talk to God. Where as before he didn't even know if he was there. He thanked God for letting him hear about this gospel, and Especially Father thank you for sending me Jenna, and she could help me see how I can be closer to you. I was smiling through the whole prayer, nothing compares to hearing him call on his father. I am so grateful for this moment
No Chinese Food Sister Mettra...
Well i have an announcement to make, I'm not allowed to eat Chinese food anymore ha. Sister Andersen and I went out to eat the other day and I just got some chicken as usual to what I always have. Well about 10 min into eating I started to slur my words and my eye lids became really heavy haha. I felt like gravity was pulling me down to the ground Sister Andersen was laughing so hard and I could barely walk. We were in the middle of the lesson and i literally couldn't even read the scripture ha i had to mute myself cause I was laughing so hard. The zone leaders said i looked drunk ha which is how I felt (even though I don't know how that feels) ha but I can imagine. They said just go home and go to sleep, I'm not kidding i couldn't even walk home my legs were like noodles hahaha... Lesson learned I'm not allowed to eat it.
Naomie..
Cute little black girl comes in and we take her on a little tour around, she asked why we believe in God and I really prayed for the spirit with us in every word we spoke. She was only 14 she was with a group but wanted a one on one tour. She said she feels the love of God when she walks into the Tabernacle. We were able to testify to her that God loves us so much he called a prophet again on the earth she wants to learn more about the Book of Mormon and what we taught her. I love teaching young people because it helps build my testimony cause the gospel really is simple.
Angel
This man named Mike came to the square and stopped us as we were walking and said i just have to say thank you. And I said for what? And he said anytime I meet sister missionaries i just thank them. Because of you I'm now a member of Jesus Christs church. He had tears in his eyes and just looked at me and said, God is so proud of you and the choice you've made to come here on a mission. He knows how much you have sacrificed and no matter what anyone says, you are doing amazing! it was so good to hear that cause you know everyone gets down sometimes and needs to hear it. I was so humbled to be a missionary and wear his name.
I learned so much this week and am so grateful to be here now, to know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that Thomas s Monson really is a prophet. When I was sitting in conference I prayed that God would tell me what I needed to hear, and the first talk in my answer was given. We are so blessed to have this in our lives and I'm grateful to teach the whole world this exciting message! There is more to say but I'm running out of time! I love you all and thank you for your prayers, keep being amazing and listen to the Spirit in all you do
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment