Monday, April 11, 2011

The One

Dear Friends.....
I have been humbled this week in many ways, most of our investigators didn't answer the phone and we had to pray for patience and understanding why? This week I guess you could say i really had to reflect on what the Lord asks of us, and that sometimes we don't understand the why. I've now been here for about 9 months and have learned more then i ever thought possible. I've realized the Lords plan is greater then we will ever know in this life. Sometimes the events that we go through are for other people to help later on. When reading Luke 15:4...

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine ain the wilderness, and go after that which is blost, until he find it?

As missionaries for the Lord we are to go and find that lost sheep. But there are many times in my life that i have felt like the one. Waiting for someone to come find me, rescue me out of the hole i fell into. I asked myself this week, what pulled me out of those times? Well it was a loving family and the promised blessings of this gospel, through these things we are never really alone. We have a Savior that loved us so much he did all that was needed to save us. I am so grateful at this time to not be the one. But look around you, there are many who classify as the one right now. I'm so humbled beyond words that I have been trusted to find the one looking for their way back home. As I pray a little harder, walk a little faster, and trust in Lord greater, I am able to find the one. Have you ever looked into someone's eyes and literally felt pain for them? Or ever talked to someone and although they are smiling you know there is a war inside? I have, on both sides of these examples and there is nothing more i want then to cry out for help, or bring them back to the light. All of us have been on each side before, as we listen to the spirit we can help all around us. Through the eyes you can find the story, thats what i have come to know and as we follow the spirit I've felt the Lords hand.

Waves of the Spirit from Costa Rico.

We met these two men yesterday from Costa Rico here on buisness.. they were so nice and full of life. Ha i was so excited when we met them i could just feel of their love. Well we took them all around the square and juan carlos says, Sister Mettra i watched this thing on TV the other day and that guy was speaking... and pointed at the prophet and I said do you mean general conference? Yes this man was just flipping through the stations and turned to General conference and decided to keep it on cause he felt something. As we took these men to the conference center the spirit just poured through the seats and halls of that building. Words werent really needed only a testimony which we both gave. We felt prompted to take them to the BOM gallery and share a little more about it. They both wanted a copy for themselves to read although Juan said he was very catholic he couldn't deny what he was feeling. The spirit surrounded the painting 3Nephi11... We started to testify when the savior came to the americas and they felt it. Sister Andersen read the passage and i testified. Then out of no where the spirit said sing I stand all amazed..... I've never sung that on a tour.. the light came in through the window and reflected off this painting and the marble floors. I told them this hymn really puts it all into perspective of the Savior. Estebon didn't even blink his eyes, and just smiled. I could barely hold in the tears it was so powerful. What a blessing a simple testimony is when born through music. We will be teaching them in a couple of weeks.

Who is that Dude?

We met this little family from Holland haha and she goes, so who is that yellow dude on the temple? I said ha oh you mean moroni? We started to teach them about temples and they spoke very little english but i could understand what they were saying... We taught about the power of the priestood and the father's mouth just dropped he understood that Joseph Smith really was a prophet but was afraid to act on faith. We read from the book of mormon in Dutch it was beautiful to see their eyes light up with understanding. I love these moments when you can see that it doesn't matter what language you speak ha. Then barbra goes so do chicks have this priesthood stuff haha. And we explained that only men do. Then i couldn't rememeber the dads name so i asked barbara and she goes just call him daddy haha. So at the end when i was inviting him I curled up to him and he was laughing and i said, " Daddy can i send you a book of mormon? " He said now now lets not get ahead of ourselves love. None accepted but they wont forget the spirit they felt

Disneyland.. sharing the happiest message on earth?

Well Vushnue called in and i recieved his call. He is from Chino and he said a women at disneyland had turned around in the middle of waiting in line and said that the spirit had told her to talk to him. Asked him if he was searching for something? And she was a member of the church and wanted him to learn more. I think he was caught so off guard that he called haha. Well i testified that it was a miracle and a sign from God telling him that he was loved. He wanted to meet with missionaires asap. Well although i thought it would be a fairy tale ending..... the elders told him that he couldn't go to the church near him cause that wasnt his assigned ward... SO MADDD... then to topp it off his ex mormon friend told him that we seperate people by race and level of understanding, and gender.... Death to you satan I will KILL YOU... So I'm trying to do damage control with him cause he is no longer interested. I'm praying the spirit will lead my words to touch his heart again.

Why did you come here on a mission?

This girl named Lexie came and we talked about why i chose to come on a mission. She is thinking about serving one herself but i didn't know that till the very end when she was crying. I bore my testimony so strong on how a mission shapes you more then anything else and God will really answer your prayers. We talked about how hard life had been and I shared some insight with her. Tears in my eyes I promised her that if she would trust God and get a blessing that she would get an answer.... She looked up and she said sister Mettra i think i just did... So tender.

"The Furnace of affliction helps purify even the very best of saints by burning away the dross in their lives and leaving behind the PURE GOLD."-Elder Johnson

I love this mission all of it I'm learning so much. Thank you for your prayers they are needed and loved!

i love you all.... Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment