Monday, April 18, 2011

Falling into transfers

Dear Loves...
Well this week has been semi eventful/ not really ha I've come to know my apartment very well staring at the walls, talking to myself, role playing teaching with the chairs in my apt really cool. I'll tell you what my ghost investigators are GOLDEN!.. In other words my companion sprained her ankle and cant walk for 4-6 weeks... I have now become a mom! She cant move its a really bad sprain so i do everything for her cook, clean, bathroom, icing... I am being humbled :)! We are loving each other well cause ha there is no other way really. I've been able to go on exchanges with the zone leaders and some other sisters and really have been learning a lot! I'm grateful for this stumbling block because it makes me want to work even harder ha when i do get to go to the Square! So for the next week for sure she will be home and we will go on exchanges every 3 hours so I will have 5 different companions really. I love my Zone leaders and I have learned so much from them this week while teaching! I think the reason why I'm sister Andersen's companion or at least one of the reasons is, I can empathize big time with being hurt on the mission and feeling helpless ha. But all is well we keep a positive attitude and I try to make the day as funny as possible so there is no suicide attempts ha.
Goin Crabbing...
So when i was on exchanges with Sister Gunter we had the pleasure of teaching Nolan. He is her investigator but I got to help teach and it was truly amazing. When we called him he said he was goin crabbing ha and Sister Gunter is from Germany and has no idea what that means. He tried to explain it and we had to mute the phone cause we were laughing so hard! He is so prepared its not even funny, as we taught him about God's love we all felt the spirit so strong. Sister Gunter taught me the importance of asking good spirit led questions at all times. We found his needs so fast and we were able to address them full of love. I have a testimony of the book of Mormon and the spirit it can really bring to a searching soul. Sometimes we read scriptures over and over so we are use to them after a while, but we forget the way we felt the first time we read them. Well the spirit prompted us to read Nolan Moroni's Promise. I read it slowly and tried to pause while reading in between verses..... after I finished Sister Gunter and i looked at each other and couldn't speak one word. I'm not kidding a minute past and Nolan says... Wow I've never felt this. We testified to him what he was feeling, he said it was a deep feeling he couldn't explain! The scripture had pierced his heart and he was at a lost of words. A moment I will not forget.
Vishnu Round 2
So remember the story from last week about Disneyland. Well i had to do damage control with him this week to help him understand what the real purpose of the church is and that LOVE is the key factor ha. I would NOT let him go. I know with all my heart that Vishnu called into my phone for a reason, and God knew I would NOT give up on him. The poor guy is so lost and I can feel it when he talks even when he is trying to be strong he needs the gospel. He comes from a very wealthy background i secretly think he is like a sultan of India haha. Well we kept playing phone tag and all he was able to do was to text so we started texting. I bore my testimony in the simplest way telling him, God loved him and this was the peace he is looking for. Back and forth i heard his soul's silent plea for help covered in a text message. I straight up told him it wasn't by chance this happened that we were talking, and if he would try God, his life would change. He waited a while to respond and said... " Jenna I feel your going to play a big role in my life somehow i don't know why but I just feel that way. I feel at peace with you right now I'm not worried about anything." I said... " Vishnu I'm not even talking to you on the phone, through a text message you are able to feel the spirit. This is Gods way of helping you see how much he loves you." I told him to read 3 Nephi 11 and pay close attention to how he felt and he asked me to pray for him and of coarse I was already doing that. Then this morning I got a text and he said, Jenna have you been praying for me? I feel different right now, can you call me. Well I was stuck at home so they connected me to the call in the apartment and I sat on the floor in my sweats and taught this man who Jesus is. The spirit was pouring out of that phone call we were miles away but i felt like i was right there with him. I said, " vishnu how do you feel?" And he said I feel different I cant explain it... "Jenna, I want this feeling to stay thank you for all you have done for me, I'll never be able to thank you enough for opening my eyes again to God. I want to go to church on Sunday and try the missionaries again." I just smiled so big :) .... " Jenna i know God sent you in my life for some reason now, thank you thank you." We closed with a prayer and it was so sweet kneeling on my apartment floor and he was kneeling on his marble floor bathroom. The Spirit will testify truth if you let it.
Southern Bell Zach
If you don't know by now... I LOVE people from the south. Zach called in from Kentucky wondering who called him.... Well none of the sisters claimed him so I called him back and talked to him yesterday! He said he had a lot of Mormon friends and always looked up to their morals but didn't really believe in God much. I felt like I needed to tell Zach really simply that God loved him. I didn't speak with him all about the book of Mormon of the restoration because he needed step one. He said you know what Jenna i never thought about that before, I'm open to hearing a little more. And he loves music aka ha I talked about music and testified of the spirit through music. Ah I loved talking to him I'm excited for him to have missionaries in the south!
AAron!
Our investigator Aaron is such and angel. We met him on chat and honestly he isn't quite sure of what he believes but we asked him how his prayers are going and he said he feels like God is there! HUGE STEP... then we asked him what he thought about everything we've been saying and he goes..... you know I'm really starting to like this stuff its really cool. Aaron wants to go to church but is afraid to go alone so we are praying the missionaries will hurry up!! Goodness they stood him up for their appointment LAME!...
Well friends until next week! .... I'll let you know how my Ghost investigators are doing! And hope I can have more time on the square this week!! I love you all
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment