Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to the Race

Dearest Friends...

Well I've made it another week and going strong ha. Sometimes i want to die cause my stomach hurts but then I just get over it and find a miracles, amazing how that happens when you have the spirit. Every tour we took and every contact we had, I felt the spirit become stronger and I think that's because over the past couple weeks I've been more sensitive to it. I've turned a new page in my mission and working harder to find these people through obedience and a lot of prayer. Sister Abeyta and i had a very long companionship inventory my favorite! Especially when you love your companion and all the focus is how you can grow together. Well since we have missed a lot of time this transfer due to you know me having surgery, we decided to re adjust our goals. And we talked about how we could develop more faith to find in the short time we have, and sure enough we found many ways. As i got on my knees that night I felt something lift from my shoulders, I wasn't worried about anything but this work. It felt good to read my purpose again and find the strength to push myself harder. And the Lord brought many miracles in turn, and I'm so grateful for them.

Not Yet...

Sister Abeyta and I were walking on the square after a very rough morning on my part of throwing up ha so cute I know. But I said come on its time I'm going to make it lets find a miracle. So we kept walking around and around and Sister Abeyta looks and me and so sweetly said, "Come on liahona where are we suppose to go?" Ha I laughed and said hmm downstairs. We were walking towards the Map in the North Visitors Center and we saw this family and I felt, not yet. So we went downstairs and then outside and Sister Abeyta goes, you have a plan don't you? And I said yes i do. Well as we kept walking we saw the family again in the Tabernacle and then I felt so strongly ok now. Well we walked up to them with big smiles and they actually started asking us questions. We talked about the tabernacle a little and then they wanted to see the conference center. On the way over i felt talk about the temple especially families. So i looked at the mother and started talking to her about how its forever in the temple not till death. And she stopped and said what did you say? I said families are for time and for all of eternity. At that moment I knew we needed to see Gods Plan but we were already on our way to the conference center. We briefly showed them the conference center when the wife looked at her husband and said, I feel a lot of peace in here. We were in the hall of the prophets which is where there are statues of all of the previous prophets of the church. We testified of prophets ans the power that they have today. We decided to take them over the christus and speak more of the Savior. As we spoke they just looked up at the Christus and we said you feel it don't you? And they said yeah we do. We wanted them to understand how much God loves us so we took them to Gods Plan and it was perfect. They cried through most of it and were deeply touched by the spirit. Little did we know they had just lost a grandfather, but Heavenly Father did so that's why the prompting was so strong to take them there. Well we invited for missionaries to come share more with them on families and they said yes we would love that. I remember thinking how perfect that meeting was, if we would have walked up a moment sooner they wouldn't have been ready. I'm so grateful for the plan of salvation and the happiness it brings.


Funnies.....
*Women walks up to me... hey Sister Missionary can i borrow your eyes for the day? I think it will help my dating life hahahah

*Old couple i was talking to for a while and we were now friends and i gave them a hug goodbye. And the old man looks and me and says, you are a rare beauty really you
are, God bless you... aww tender

Sister Abeyta and I were called Mermaids... Loves it! ha



I can feel relief...

Oh dearest little Jeffery we love him a lot. He was the one weeks ago that I had called in the RC and he wanted to learn more but thought we were made from the dust pretty much. No belief in God but now is praying and reading the scriptures and going to church! Well we called him Tuesday and it was amazing I loved every minute of it. I think with him I'm listening so hard for the spirit to give me the words I forget I'm talking sometimes. He deserves the very best work from us cause I can feel how special he is to our father in Heaven. If you remember back a couple weeks ago when I prayed with him and began to cry because of the love I felt for him. Well this week we talked about the atonement and his purpose on this earth. He is so humble and willing to learn cause he says he has never felt love before. He wants to learn all that he can so he is doing what God wants him to do now. We closed with a prayer and I said the words but the spirit did the talking. We paused and waited and just heard Jeffery sniff and say I'm crying right now. I feel the biggest relief I've never felt and niceness all around me. Thank you Jenna thank you. He said he knows this is what he needs to do the spirit was so strong and Sister Abeyta and I testified how much we cared for him what a blessing it was to call him.

When the journey is hard and we are stuck all we need to remember is... All is well All is well! I know that God gives us blessings when we have the faith to endure.

I Love my mission and love all of you!

<3 Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment