Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A welfare heart

Dear Loves..
Well transfers came sadly I'm no longer with Sister Abeyta my little princess I will miss her we were an amazing team. But with everything change must happen and I'm grateful already for this one because I know its a change for the very best. I am now with Sister Mata'utia from Brisbane Australia you guessed it a POLLY!! Yay I'm so excited just made my day when I heard that and I love aussies, this will be my second one!! Then they said oh and btw your a district leader hahah what? NBD just have a district and am loosing my mind already trying to get numbers everyday haha. I'm excited and know that there are specific sisters in my district that i need to help. This transfer started out with Sister Mata'utia and i being baptized by fire pretty much in Welfare Square, a venue that's apart of the temple square mission. At first I'll totally be honest I wasn't quite excited to go cause well I had never been there, but dumb me learned really fast why I was there. So at Welfare Square there is a Bishop's storehouse where anyone member or not can come and receive food. They meet with a Bishop and in return they serve at Welfare Square, its a very humbling place to be especially when your asked to help them shop. This week I helped this couple get some food and they looked up and said, " I wish I could have a cantaloupe" And I had to tell them I'm sorry you cant have one its not on your list. So sad I just wanted to be like pshh take one but I cant. I'm starting to realize hoe blessed we really are just to have food on the table. These people come from nothing and the joy on their face when they get some food is amazing and you feel so good helping them. My heart has been extremely touched this week in my new assignment and look forward to growing a lot.
First Run at it...
So like I said Sister Mata'utia and I just made it up as we went through tours on Welfare Square haha... I literally bridged every 3 seconds cause I had nothing else to say. Who knew you could bridge the cannery to the restoration? Well i did it ha and it was amazing we both just looked at each other smiling knowing that the spirit was guiding us nothing else. We had no training no nothing yet, the spirit was so strong. People were crying about how the cheese was made really? As we testified of the Love of Christ tears were brought to all the eyes in that tour, God loved us so he sent his son. While standing in that building behind me a cheese machine I felt a sense of love I never have before. I felt my heart change every tour we took and every step I became a little more humble. The man at the end said, Sister Mettra you must have been here at welfare square for a long time that was the best tour I've ever had. We looked at each other and said this was our first one. He just cried and said thank you for everything that was exactly what my family needed.
You Don't Want to Know Me...
This man we met Burt hahahahha he said listen you too are very nice. Actually too nice why is that? And we said duh we are Representatives of Jesus Christ. And he said you don't want to know me I'm from a very bad place. And he spoke of his life in the middle east in Afghanistan. And I said you know god loves you right? And he said don't joke babe hahahhha. I said listen babe I wouldn't lie! He just smiled and said you two glow that's all i know. We gave him a family proclamation and sent him on his way! We were smiling soo big!
I know Why..
So we met this couple john and Nancy at Welfare Square they said they heard they should come here so they thought they would as they were passing through for a convention. Well we met them and took them on a tour they said they were southern baptist of coarse from Florida! As we continued on with them we felt their hearts start to change especially at a specific display. Its called Atmit. In 2003 there was a famine in Ethiopia and thousands of little children were left starving and dying from it, the government had something called " Atmit" nourishing pour age that they could eat but didn't have the means to produce enough. The Church together with Project Mercy came together and sent over 600 tons of Atmit to Ethiopia. Two pounds can save a life. There are pictures of starving children practically dead and their mothers holding them. I looked at the picture and then at our group and said, imagine you are this mother you cant feed your child. Tears in my eyes I just paused and could barely hold it in everyone was crying even the men. I said I know that God answers prayers because this little boy's life was saved through this program. Looked at Nancy and said who is Jesus Christ to you? She said something we will never forget, " I know with all my heart I'm standing here today in this building for a purpose, that I'm talking to you too for a reason and none of this is by chance. Something life changing will come from this." She just started to cry and the spirit was so strong we invited her to learn more about these things and she just put her head down and cried. I think that's what the Lord wanted is that moment and really that's what she needed. Another women in the group testified that her newborn baby was a miracle and none of it would have been possible without God. I was amazed by the people put in that group and the spirit that was felt. At the end Nancy came up to me and said look at me honey, " I love you, Thank you for everything, you are an amazing person don't you ever forget that, you got something ok." I was so humbled to have this moment only on our second tour.
Well I must go so much to say no time to say it. But I am learning what a Welfare Heart truly is now, and being humbled by my calling.
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment