Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eat-Sleep- breath the Gospel

Ah Family!!!
I'm seriously so excited to email this week in fact i have so much to say so excuse me if my spelling is off. I'm literally becoming ESL hahah my comp is from Australia and says stuff like hey you bloke come ova here. And I'm starting to talk like her haha yesterday I didn't even make sense. We are probably the most bold companionship on the Square we don't take no for an answer and there is no beating around the bush ha. Sister Mata'utia is teaching me it doesn't matter just say what you feel ha and people laugh cause its so ridic hah I love her duzzies. So lets start off with the fact that apparently my mind is loosing control haha and I'm starting to do strange things. I guess being here over a year now giving tours everyday I pretty much breath the gospel 24-7 as i should being a missionary. But at night your mind is suppose to relax and rest haha well not mine. So 3 nights ago I woke up really worried cause I thought there were 30 people waiting for a tour haha ( I'm literally crying due to laughing at the moment) so not only do i get out of bed but I straight up stand over my companions bed trying to find her legs. Haha my long curly hair in my face staring and her and laughing I'm such a freaking creep. She wakes up totally scared Sister Mettra what are you doing? And i looked at her smiling, there are 30 of them waiting then I walked out of the room. Apparently that wasn't all i stood in the mirror in the hall way waving and talking to the 30 people ha making jokes hahah. Sister Mata'utia was laughing so hard and then I looked at her and realized I was out of my bed and started to laugh cause I had no idea what i was doing hahah. It made so much sense in my brain at the moment. I walked back to bed laughing so hard I was crying and oh in the process decided that my Pajamas werent important either. I'm literally loosing my mind haha we probs laughed for about an hour. It was a good ab work out for the night. Don't worry there are more things to come cause I did funny things this week we both did probs cause I'm getting no sleep cause I'm giving tours all night ha. ok I'll try to share as many stories as possible so they will probs be short but hopefully you get the same joy i did out of them.
Bobby and Brett
Ok they were probs my favorite gay couple I've ever met. They were so funny and really wanted to know about the church. We tried to teach as creatively as possible the basic principals of the gospel but soon realized they were lacking something. They didn't understand why Jesus Christ was important to their salvation. We tried to explain our purpose here on this earth and we were having a hard time explaining it just wasn't making sense. I realized in that moment no matter how simply we taught, no matter how creative our analogies were, if they couldn't understand Jesus Christ then they wouldn't have a purpose here. We invited them to learn more but they didn't see the need. After some more talk they wanted a Book of Mormon to understand a little more. We will be teaching them by the phone until missionaries come. I was so humbled to meet them and realize how Jesus Christ is the reason for everything.
Beehive House The M&M Version
Surprise we were assigned to the Beehive house as well as Welfare Square. So pretty much we know nothing about the BH and they just had us start tours cause it was so busy so hmm we just made it up as we went. I knew the time and dates and Sister Mata'utia knew about 3 rooms. We just bridged to the gospel like we do with everything haha probably the funniest thing we have done. So we were being asked so many questions and knew none of the answers so we just said what we did know, but quickly realized that was nothing ha. So we started saying approximately a lot and we got to the family store and I thought this is where they had family storage. HAHA totally not right my companion had to leave the room cause she was laughing so hard as was I. They were from France and just thought we were laughing cause of our Jokes but really we were making up facts haha really bad I know but mom you know i can just say whateves and its a good story haha. I kept saying if only my Mother was here and was listening to this tour hahaha. Oh we got better each room. But probs the worst thing I said was the fact that Lucy Mac Smith was Brigham Youngs Wife hahah when I meant to say Lucky Decker hahahha. We were laughing so hard I barely made it through the rest of the tour. YAY!!!
Power of the Pause
We took around these two guys that really didn't have a belief in God at all. We started to ask questions of the soul and nothing was really working. I felt prompted to share an experience I had in the conference center in my 3d transfer and Sister Mata'utia shared a very powerful one she had while working in a mens prison. We testified that we wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the power of prayer and paused. One of them looked up and said, I don't think i can pray to God I don't know him it would be weird. I paused looked up at him ans said Tim, do you know that God is your father in heaven? You have a father here on earth and no matter what happens, no matter how far away you get from each other he is still your father. As it is with God he misses us when we don't talk to him, you are never too far gone your Father Loves you and will answer your prayers. He had tears in his eyes and just said ok. I felt the power behind that statement and knew in that moment I wasn't speaking. We will be teaching both of them!!
Come to my Country Jenna
So last transfer we met Brian on chat. We decided to call him and share with him a little more, he said its what he had been waiting for his entire life. He said I clicked the wrong link on google and got here its not my chance is it? And we said no its God's way of telling you that he Loves you. This week Sister Mata'utia and i taught him and he said, Jenna when will you come to my country and teach my about Jesus? I wished in that moment i could see his face and tell him about Jesus Christ but knew it wouldn't be possible. I said Brian, the missionaries in South Africa will come and share more with you but we will be here every step of the way. Then he said in the sweetest voice, jenna do you think I should be baptized? I want to but i don't know how. We testified how it would change his life! AHHH he will bebaptized and bless his family with the knowledge of the gospel I know it.
Making it Through
Joan is from last transfer and has been going through a really hard time with her family. They don't want her to join the church and think she is mentally insane, her ex is very powerful man aka tons of money so they tried to send her into a mental institution. She is trying so hard and she left a message this week saying, I just wish I could hear your voice jenna you always brighten my day and I know this will all be worth it when I'm baptized. We called her and shared some scriptures with her that lifted her spirits, she said Jenna with your help I can do anything cause I know your speaking of Christ. It was so tender and i wanted to just give her a hug.
VIP Tour
Well last night we found out that we would be giving a VIP tour today with church officials. I wasn't nervous or anything as i found out that they weren't just church officials but they run the Welfare System for the Church WORLD WIDE. So they were from Africa, Russia, Germany, South America. They knew way way more then us each of them spoke about their roles in the church, these are important men! Well we tried to just use our personality and spirit. We shared testimony of prayer and fast offerings. They asked us what we did before our missions, Sister Mata'utia was a counselor in prison and I was an Opera singer. So we are ending the tour in the Dairy and the head of the group says, Sister Mettra as you can see these men are quite important so we would like you to sing now hahahaha OMG. So don't even worry I bore my testimony about Joseph Smith praying and now all of this is possible, then sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer in the dairy with cheese all around me NBD. They cried I cried we all cried then they clapped! And said our tour was amazing!!... Ha we have only been there a week, we don't know everything but we know enough.
I'm in Love with this Gospel I've never been happier, more tired and more insane! Nothing compares to this feeling I cant explain the joy coming from my smile. I want to end with a quote from Elder Holland...
" God expects you to have enough faith, determination and trust in him to keep moving. keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not to simply face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future- to Love it rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities. God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams just as he always has. But he can't if you Don't pray, and he cant if you don't dream. In short he cant if you don't Believe."
I know and Believe that Jesus is the Christ and I love him
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment