Friday, August 5, 2011

There is a "why" in all things

Dear Fam..

Ha one week down from surgery and I'm gaining my strength back, but man its painful sometimes. But everyday I'm getting better and healing so I'm happy to report that and very grateful for the power of the priesthood. I've been trying the Square a couple hours at a time so i don't have many stories but at least 3 in the short time i have had to be on the square this week. To start out strong ha we had a mission meeting with President and the Assistants, talking about how important words are and to love everyone and stop judging ( which I'm so happy for cause judging is so evil and harmful.) But my little compy was wheeling me over there in the wheel chair cause I couldn't quite walk yet. Well she didn't see the bump ahead of us and i was holding everything on my lap including a pen yep you can guess what happened... The pen stabbed me in my stomach where the largest incision is and the most tender part. I about died had some tears and tried not to pass out in pain haha ohhhh my life haha. That additional wound is healing as well just very sore!

I like Trolls..

Hmm this little man is pretty funny he as from Norway and had this troll shirt on telling me that the trolls protected him. We met him in west gate and he is a choir director that travels all over the world. We started talking about music and i was doing anything i could to bridge to the gospel but he just wanted to talk about music. And i told him i was an opera singer and he said i want to hear you sing please! Well I didn't have much strength and wasn't feeling the best. But i thought hmm this man wont listen to the gospel so I'll bare my testimony through music, I said you know what I'll sing for you one of my favorite hymns. So i prayed I would make it through the song and I just bore my testimony. He smiled the whole time and says, I've never felt something like that when listening to music. And i said well i know that God is our loving heavenly father and through that song I've found a lot of peace and comfort. He said i will never forget that, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I was grateful the Lord gave me just enough strength to sing and bare testimony.

Frenchys Come!

We were sitting in West Gate and all of the sudden 50 french people walk in and want a tour, so normal to me by now so I said no problem I can do that. And i started speaking in my little broken french and I was smiling so much cause I love french people ha. And they always laugh when I speak french to them cause I'm a little American girl! But the women stopped me mid sentence and says in french your eyes are glowing they are very beautiful and your so beautiful. Thank you for your spirit..... French sisters took to the tour but at the end i just smiled and they were so happy. Oh i love people

The Why....

So during this medical time there are different sisters that are always on exchanges with me and one in particular they said Sister Mettra she is having a hard time she is giving up and we think you talking to her might help.I felt like i wasn't even speaking the words just came out and the spirit was so strong. I said you don't want to go home i promise. And was really open with her and i said i feel very strongly to share this exp with you. And I bore my testimony of the power of prayer and how it felt when i was on my medical release. She started to cry and so did i, and then she said Sister Mettra I prayed someone would talk to me today and answer my prayers, and you just did. And the thing is i was also praying to understand maybe a little bit why this had happened. In that moment i realized one of the reasons this had to happen was so i could be in that setting very humble and share this with her. I said, I know one of the reasons i had to have surgery was to talk to you today, and every moment of the pain was worth it to me if it helped you stay on your mission. She cried some more and said, you are an amazing person, and feel the spirit so strong when you speak. Ah i just have chills thinking about it I'm so grateful for it. If i wouldn't have had the surgery I would never have been on exchanges with a 2nd transfer sister. It all makes sense everything we go through. I will tell you this was one of the more painful trials but I'm humbled and understand the Lords reasoning's. When I looked in her eyes I knew she needed my experiences my trials, to save her from making a huge mistake. I was able to tell her some miracles I've had with people needing my testimony and promised that if she trusted God that he would give her the words she needed.

Again I've been humbled and understand that this work is so much greater then anything I could ever imagine. I love being a missionary and the spirit you have in any given moment. And I know that as we call upon the Lord he will give us the Why to make it through the journey!

Love you all, Thank you for your prayers

<3 Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment