Saturday, October 8, 2011

Every Soul is Great

Dear Friends,
I think I'm sleep typing, yep I think that's what's happening right now ha. I'm so dead my body is mad at me cause well it walked for 14 hours straight for 2 days last weekend and then we were suppose to have make up sleep time but as Zone Leaders there is no time. We spent our make up time doing trainings ha. But you know what I'm smiling and I love it so it's all worth it really! God answers prayers and this work will go forward, no one will stop it. Saturday night we counted up the Member Referrals we were 5,000 short of our goal. President was really stressed out and called us all together to let us know who this is for. "Sisters heaven will accompany us if we will give it our all for them." We prayed and went to work Sunday, my legs and feet were literally numb. Sister Frye and I forgot to eat and just kept going it was amazing the strength we had even though we were half dead. Well we came all together at 9:00pm Sunday night to read the grand total. 9,222 member referrals! Isn't that amazing! Only through heaven was that possible tears of joy swept through the tabernacle. Everyone felt it this was a miracle. Do you understand what that means? 9,222 souls closer to Jesus Christ. I'm so honored to be apart of this mission and really all that is happening to further the work. We are so busy we got over 11,000 referrals from guests in the months of July-Aug. We are still trying to call and teach all of them ha its a great problem to have too many investigators. President wanted to have me be a finder for the mission. Which means I call all of these people and swift the elect. Thank goodness it was changed cause I would have so much weight on my shoulders. Sister Frye and I worked so hard and had quality contacts that's why we felt good when we fell into bed that night. We also got to attend one session of Conference and that was Sunday Afternoon! I loved all the talks and it just felt good to sit down finally. One of my favorites was Elder Richardson about being real. I aways wanted to be a REAL missionary and now I really am one. What an honor and blessing it is to serve so closely with the Savior. I literally feel angels next to me sometimes its hard to explain, but I know that I'm not alone here.

The Osmond's World Wide Fans

Well bless those Osmond's haha they bring some lovely people to Salt Lake City. We were in guest services and guess who called, Marell Osmond and I answered the phone NBD. Well we scheduled this V.I.P tour with his fans from all over the world. He said Sister Mettra make it special i want them to feel the spirit. I wish i could come you sound like an amazing missionary but I trust everything will go well. Ha no pressure at all, they said if this goes well they will bring the group every year. Well Sister Frye and i learned really fast that as soon as we said Osmond they would listen haha. They are like intense fans! So don't doubt I bridged the pioneers to the Osmond's to the Gospel ha. It was the craziest thing I've ever done ha we were laughing most of the time. Don't worry to top this off we had this women that was apparently representing the family. She was a member and guess what she did, tried to seduce the photographer so he would change the course of the tour. Omg Sister Frye and I died haha she was all plastic and so sketchy. Pretty much she was jealous that these people would be close to the family so she wanted to keep them as far away from them as possible. There was legit high School drama cause of her and we had to ignore her and try to bring the spirit. Ah she was nutts!Well we were able to testify so strongly of the gospel and what its meant to the Osmond's haha but really what it means to us. Jennie their tour director said at the end, Sister Mettra you are an angel I wish we got you with us the whole time. So sweet it was hard to be able to invite them cause we were running around but I don't doubt that they felt the spirit so strong. Some of them just met with missionaries cause Donny said it would be great. I hope they lean for the right reasons! But it was good never the less.

Needle in a Hay Stack

So as Sister Frye and I started our Sunday morning at conference we saw literally over 100,000 people there you have to pray for the discernment of who to talk to. Well i looked over and saw these two pollys! So I went for them Sister Frye talked to one I talked to the other. Well come to find out the one i was talking to wasn't a member!! So he started to talk to me about his thoughts on the church and that he wanted to see what conference was like. He said sister Mettra promise me you wont send those elders. And I started laughing oh why oni they aren't that bad. And he put his head down. My heart broke as he said this, " When i first started looking into your church i thought drinking was normal because of those elders, and they invited me to go with them on the weekends to Vegas. I didn't feel right so i didn't go but they make me feel weird." Omg I want to kick those elders apparently they would leave Sunday nights from CA and drive to Vegas and get home late Monday night. We promised Oni we would take care of his and call him. I shared how we all feel the spirit different for me through music. Oni being a polly goes sing for me sista.hha Well I couldn't say no so I did and he had a tear. I said I promise Oni that God won't give you anything you can't handle, we will help you learn the rest. Ah so excited and tender mercy we will teach him this week!

V.I.P Intensity

So the assistants called us in and told us that we would be taking a really intense V.I.P Tour at the humanitarian Center and then Temple Square. These weren't just people they were the heads of all the countries in which we DON'T have missionaries. We had to leave a good enough impression that they would allow missionaries in the near future to come. No pressure right. Well thats not all, we had Elder Hinckley aka son of the prophet and head of the missionary department accompany us making sure we were correct in all things. We prayed so hard to remember all of our facts and to bring the spirit. I swear the minute they came I forgot everything I was so nervous. And in V.I.P Tours you aren't aloud to teach gospel at all. As i was talking about the New Born Kits my mind shut off and I felt the spirit so strong and i said, these blankets hug someone in another country, and is God's way of telling us he loves us and we are never alone. Ah my eyes got so big I looked at Elder Hinckley and he just smiled. uhhhh was that ok I'm thinking oops. After words Elder Hinckley came up to me and said Sister Mettra that was perfect what a wonderful spirit you have. Well that calmed me down a lot thank goodness. Then the prime ministers in Nambia wanted to invite me and Sister Frye to the Lunch in with the Prophet and the Twelve NBD. I wish! I was so humbled and honored to take this very important group around and truly believe that they went home a different person. I love my mission!

Baptism!!

So Accosh was baptized last Friday such a tender experience. It was amazing to see someone that I had met and taught I little be baptized. He gave a talk after his baptism it was so powerful. He spoke about this is not all, he is looking forward to a new life! He is really smart and wants to know everything. Something that was hard for me is that in a lot of ways the YSA in that ward were treating this like a social event. Right after he was baptized they were just playing the piano it was so peaceful i could feel the spirit so strong testify of the truthfulness of everything that had taken place. We were in a rush sadly so we didn't get a picture before but after we did really fast! I'll try to send it. Just that small moment will change his life forever!

So many more life changing moments this week but I'm totally out of time! Sometimes I wish i could write this email forever and share all the Lord is blessing us with. Do you know that God loves you? I had a moment last night it was really stressful and I just wanted to cry honestly. As Zone Leaders you have so much to do and have to understand that its not just about you and your companion anymore we have 20 other sisters now. Sister Frye and i just talked about why we came on missions and what our purpose is. I know that the Lord called me here at this time to do amazing things. If there is ever a time I doubt or feel overwhelmed I just remember these words, " Fear not I am with thee oh be not afraid." I have grown a love for the Lord in a way that wouldn't have been possible if I wasn't serving right here right now. My desires and passions have changed this work will go forth. And my testimony is growing everyday.

I love you all and I'm praying for you.

Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment