Saturday, October 15, 2011

Home filled revelation

Dear Pumpkins...

It was time. I have to start using these terms tis the season right! I'll start off by saying that this week has been one of much revelation. Sister Frye and I have had meeting after meeting this week its hard to keep up with ourselves. But little did I know what lay in store with Zone Leader Council. To be honest I never really wanted to be in leadership I'd rather just focus on the work but, I'm becoming more humble every day understanding why it has come now. Monday morning we left our apartment at 8 am and got in the vans and started driving. It was a surprise where we were going none of us really knew. Unfortunately I woke up that morning feeling so nausous and was worried I wouldn't make it through the day. Sister Frye looks at me and says," Sister Mettra your face is so pale you don't feel good do you?." Well I prayed to just make it and that all of this would go away. I remember looking out the window at the beautiful sky reflecting where I was a year ago. That a year ago i wasn't where I am today. Both physically and spiritually. A year ago I was taken in by my hero of a sister that helped me and pushed me to get back on my mission. I remember the first day I got to her house, I cried most of the day. I grew so strong during that moment of time, and would never take it back for anything. God knew I needed that to make me stronger in all aspects of the word. How grateful I am for my sister and what she did for me during those weeks. I learned The Book of Mormon and it changed my life forever. I guess what I'm saying is how grateful I am for the knowledge that God's timing is better then I ever imagined. If it wasn't for those couple of weeks I would have never made it this far physically. And I know i wouldn't be this strong spiritually. I knew my mission wasn't over when I had that medical release but it was all part of the plan. I bore my testimony on Sunday about this and it was very clear to me how important this mission is. I always said, this mission will save my life and so far it has in many ways. Daily I'm having experienced that manifest to me I'm standing in the exact place the Lord needs me. And I'm grateful for the broken road that lead me here. Yes I just quoted Rascal Flatt's but I'm totally ok with it. That song applies to this stage of my mission so much, I would like to share some lyrics.

Every long lost dream led me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars

Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road

That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through

I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you

But you just smile and take my hand

You've been there you understand

It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

As i read these lyrics and think about our Savior it just makes sense to me everything led me to this moment of my life. The Loving arms are our Heavenly Father and he is there every step of the way. I know that the Savior has taken my had and helped me move mountains I never thought were possible. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11. I have never enjoyed looking back so much, cause I see the moments that were essential for now.

Now continuing on with Zone Leader Council we pulled up to this huge house and out walks President Holmes! We were invited to his house from 9-3 to study. I still didn't feel well but the moment I walked into that house, my nausea went away. I felt that feeling of home that I haven't felt in almost 18 months. It was a feeling I missed and didn't even know I did till I felt it again. They had made a home cooked breakfast and lunch for us that day it meant more then they will ever know. I needed to feel home for a moment, and the spirit was there I just felt warm. We had an amazing study with President and Sister Holmes words were said that I'll never forget. But the most amazing thing was what i learned from the spirit. As I wrote the spirit taught me in a way I've never experienced before. We studied the God head and I received a lot of understanding that day. I am so grateful for a loving Mission President and his wife. I got to role play inviting for baptism with President and Sister Moore! I will never forget the spirit that was felt. We have changed our mission over to inviting for baptism. That's our goal! We had to build up referrals and IRCs and all these other things but now its time. It was amazing standing beside Sister Moore and teaching with my Mission President. After the meeting President send something so tender. He said, Sister Mettra I wish you could call all of my friends. It just meant a lot coming from him.

I will write more about the stories and miracles we had next week cause I'm running out of time. But just have to share who sister Frye and i met 3 days ago.

Hey Sisters!

So Sister Frye and I were just walking past the East Gate and then all of the sudden there was a flood of people in suits and everything. We just smiled then we saw a man that looked really familiar and I just smiled really big and said Hi! And it was Elder Scott and he reached out and Shook our hands and said Hello Sisters! It was so fast it was like a dream. But it was a blessing and something that we really needed that day. I felt a peace feel the air, I know he is an apostle of God.

I love you all so much and know God is watching out for you. Never Give up cause when you can't walk another step, he will carry you.

Love Sister Mettra

1 comment:

  1. I love and miss you Jenna, I can't wait until you reunite with Aubs...She's home in 4 months. Let me know when you return...you're the best! Joni

    ReplyDelete