Monday, October 3, 2011

You are not forgotten

Dearest Favs...
Oh how i love you all so much! This week has been very surprising with transfers and things happened that i really never expected that's for sure. So we were all sitting as a Zone at transfer conference and my name was read first ahhhh. Sister Mettra your new companion is Sister Frye! i thought I would have stayed with Sister Mata'utia but I guess the Lord had a different plan. Well i thought that was it i would just stay as a District Leader and carry on. Nope we are now the Zone Leaders over the Extended Zone aka the hardest haha. We are in charge of all venues on Temple Square which includes, Beehive House, West Gate, Guest Services, Humanitarian Center, Welfare Square, Hospitality tours. So intense and kinda overwhelming but I'm so humbled I know that God called me in my weakness again but I'm learning so much already. I loved Sister Mata'utia but we needed to share the wealth she is amazing and someone else needs her! I've grown to capture the atonement in a different way this week, humility is HUGE in leadership even when you know that actually nothing you did was wrong. Sister Frye and I promised each other we were going to change this zone and teach love at its finest. Although I'm very overwhelmed by this assignment and don't quite understand why I was chosen, I'll humbly accept it and embrace the change. We live with the Assistants now and are very busy I feel like I never sleep but i like it cause I know that I am literally giving everything to the Lord. General Conference is this weekend and I'm so so EXCITED. But sad its my last one on the square, Conference will never be the same to me the rest of my life. There are over 100,000 people coming to the square this weekend seeking direction from a living prophet! How amazing is that can you just pause and think about it! The gospel is so true I've never felt this passionate about something in my life. I thought that music was something that meant the most to me, but now its the gospel everything I do and say is of Christ I love it. I would love to share some tender moments from this week that really opened my eyes to how our actions effect others.
Craving Oranges..
Well about 5 months ago i was on exchanges with Sister Dantas and Sister Gunter and we were shopping at WalMart. We were just about to leave when i felt the sweet taste of an orange in my mouth it was strange but i was craving oranges. Well we walked over and I started to pick out some oranges when a man looked at me and i started smiling and said hi. He walked over and stared and my eyes then down at my tagg he said what does that mean? We all three started sharing the gospel and teaching him of our purpose as missionaries. He said I've seen so many of you walking around but there was something in your eyes when you smiled. Well Sister Gunter and Dantas started teaching him and I was there when they took him on a tour and everything. Well months past and guess what i found out.... Tonight he is being baptized in SLC and I get to go!!!!! I'm so humbled right now I always dreamed of being able to attend a baptism of someone i found. I'll send pictures next week... Never forget who you are when you think no one is watching!
Your Voice
So that guy I shared about 2 weeks ago kevin who is leaving for iraq soon. Well I think i called him Kevin again i respect his privacy if he ever reads this but I talked to him this week and it was an answer to prayer yet again. Wow I'm so grateful for the power of prayer and I really know that God's timing is important. I called him all last week and he never answered which broke my heart but I had a strong impression try again! So I did and he answered and it was truly amazing. He asked me how he would know if one church was really true? I was able to bare powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon and prayer. I prayed so hard for inspiration and God did his part. He stopped me and said, jenna I like the way you talk. I feel peace and love in a way I never have before. And then he said how do I get that always? And i said when you gain a testimony of these things you can be baptized and have it forever. He said what i really want is to feel home in a religion. And i said, The gospel is home. I boldly said, I know that this is the home you've always dreamed of let God bless you. He is going to watch general conference this weekend with his wife!!
You are not Forgotten
We had an opportunity to attend the relief society broadcast last week and I'm so grateful for it. I don't think I told you fully but there was a sister in my district last transfer that would run away. And I mean like run past the capital and in the middle of the night I would have to go out running to try to find her. I spent about an hour driving around downtown Salt Lake in my Pjs looking for her early in the morning. Well that's how I started my day last Saturday it was crazy. I do know that it was inspired i was her district leader because i learned a lot of patience! She was sent home on Wednesday after the 10th attempt to runaway. Sister Mata'utia had maybe 2 hours of a P-Day Last week due to that. And she even decided to run when me and her comp had dye in our hair so we couldn't run out of the salon haha. Well Sister Mata'utia and I had about an hour till we had to be at the square for another tour and we were walking and get stopped by a member and his friend. They wanted us to take them around and I'm so grateful we sacrificed our Pday to take him because he refereed for missionaries and we will be teaching him this week. He said I'm on a Journey of finding myself and the most I've learned so far has been today with you two. Tender! Well then we took another tour with this tour group who called into church hospitality specifically for us. his name is Bruce and he said that he wanted me to take the tour. Well in the Tabernacle he said Sister Mettra will you sing for us I've been waiting 2 weeks for you. I met him earlier and sang to his group and he fell in love with us. He said you have made my season I'll never forget you Sister Mettra. You are a very special young Lady I really hope you know and understand that. Thank you for being so loving to every one of us, our lives are blessed because of who you are. I'm a better person. Thank you. What a blessing it was to take them around and share the gift the Lord has given me. After that amazing moment we sprinted home and got our tickets and ran back down in barely enough time to get in. Again my prayers were answered, we are not forgotten. There were a lot of moments that happened where I thought it was possible. But the moment President Uchtdorf spoke I knew I wasn't alone. God was preparing me for my new assignment. I love this mission and the gospel. I've never loved something so much in my life and wanted to give it to everyone I meet. We are not forgotten the Lord will not fail us, we can do hard things.
I love you all wish i could write more, don't stop believing!
Enjoy the Journey, I sure am
Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment