Saturday, October 22, 2011

We are on fire

Dear Mummies..

I'm keeping with the theme whatever! Ok so here we are another week goes by and i just want to cry. It rhymed but really its true we have seen so many miracles i can barely remember them all, isn't that crazy. I would like to start out with a crazy moment this week that none of us were expecting. So Sister Frye and I went to bed at 10:30 like normal last Saturday night, it was weird cause i fell asleep so fast I was really tired! Well about 2:30 Am we hear this pounding on the door Sister Frye and I woke up, they were screaming open the door! Well we live with the assistants so we see everything. They come in yelling FIRE! The apartment complex next to us was lit on fire. So scary it was a legit fire. We turned on all the lights woke up the assistants and got ready to run. Sister Rodriguez yells pull it! So I ran out and pulled the fire alarm it was like a moment from a movie really. Well all the sisters are like half awake running outside and one of our companionship's was still sleeping so we had to find them. Well we all stood outside of the apartments looking and the fire burning down the next building. There was a huge tree between us and the fire if the tree caught on fire our apts would be gone! We gathered in a circle all half dressed haha and Sister Frye and I led the Zone in a prayer that our apartments wouldn't be harmed! Well about 2 hours later they got it all under control and our apartments weren't even touched. It was a huge miracle. I've never seen a fire so close before. As I was running out of the apartment so many things were running through my head and the only thing I grabbed was my Tagg. It was a moment I'll never forget. Watching it burn and touching my tag knowing the Lord would protect our apartments. I'm so grateful to be here and have these experiences that are shaping my life.

Your Just a Little Lady..

So lets start off with funny moment duh. So yesterday Sister Frye and i finally got sometime in the RC again. I was able to make 4 phone calls and all of them said yes! Every call was truly inspired and i didn't do anything it was all the spirit. So the first one i called was Richard. He is from the deep south and it was so funny deep accent! And I was telling him how i met his brother and his brother is super tall! And he goes well how tall are you? And i said like 5'4 and he goes ahhh ok so you’re just a little lady. hahaha I was laughing so hard! Yeah I'm a little Lady richard your right. And then we were talking about life and he goes, um I'm a street guy i don't do that God stuff. And i said well haven't you ever wondered if there is more to life that girls, drugs, and cars? And he goes probably but I like my moneys. And i said i promise you Richard God knows your better then a street guys. There was a silent pause and he says little lady you might have a point. And i said Richard you are worth so much more then you think. We have an appointment to teach him. He closed with babe I'll talk to you later babe..

Mother Theresa

I talked to a good friend's mom this week. I feel so honored to be entrusted with these people. I love Theresa she is so willing to learn. We talked about the gospel and how she is scared to go to church. But luck Sister Frye and i taught a whole Zone conference on church attendance. The spirit was so strong during those moments on the phone with her. We talked about how it’s hard to forgive ourselves. And I promised her that the Lord would hold her hand if she would move her feet. Hey heart and feet had to be one. We just had some tears and she will be going to church tomorrow and reading the book of Mormon. Such a miracle to hear where she has been from. Her husband was a "member" but an alcoholic and not the best man. What strength it must take to look past that. I love her so much.

I feel it!

So we are teaching this girl named Chelsey which actually Alyssa Lamprecht gave us from Chat. We started teaching her and our first lesson she pulled over on the side of the road and we prayed it was amazing. She said I can feel it. the amazing part was it was only our first time talking and made me realize it doesn't take much we just need to push forward with faith. She went to church and met the missionaries and guess what she is going to be baptized on nov 5!!! We love her!

Matthew

Words cant really express how I feel about this next story. We were about to leave and we got a chat from a man named Matthew. He told us that his father had died 6 days before and when looking in his things he found a Mormon bible. Our eyes got so big. We taught him the basic principals of the gospel. He hadn't talked to his father in 2 years he felt so guilty and he felt was the only thing left of him. I felt so strongly to send alma 40 but the spirit typed, Matthew do you have that Book of Mormon by you? And he said let me go get it. We told him to turn to the page and he just typed, Wow that passage is highlighted in my dads book. We testified to him that God knew him and his father wanted him to read this book. We weren't there we couldn't see anything but the spirit was so strong when i typed those words to find the Book. That is a moment I'll never forget. Matthew then said , " Jenna i want to thank you if you never told me to go to that passage I never would have read it." I knew it wasn't me but God knew his son. We are committing Matthew to baptism this week!

I am a particle

James is an interesting story. We met him on chat and he pretty much thinks there is no point to life. We told him how much God loved him but that didn't seem to matter to him. We kept digging and digging and he said you aren't going to change my mind. We prayed and decided to call him, which he really didn't want but we did it anyways. He is really struggling right now understanding that there really is a purpose that he is here. We each told him how we found God. James is going to start reading the book of Mormon online till the missionaries come. We know that he came on chat for a reason we can see past the surface!

Wow..

so i called this women named Chrissy and she is amazing. So sweet has a little girl and has a faith in Jesus Christ we talked about prayer and families and it seemed to spark something. She talked about how she worked in prison and how its hard on her. And i started to bare my testimony on the power of a prophet, very random but she replied, wait a living prophet? As I started to tell her the Joseph Smith story i paused and asked her if she ever received an answer to her prayers. She started to cry and talked about her very rough childhood. i promised her that God had a plan for her and she was not alone in this moment. She said Jenna i don't know you but I feel it. Oh i needed to talk to her cause she taught me many things! We will be teaching her this week!

Well this mission is flying and I'm working so hard. I'm giving my all to every moment and I can feel the spirit work in me. I'm doing everything i can to be worthy for these miracles. And they are coming sometimes I don't feel ready for them but then God qualifies me to do the work. Something i learned actually during a call this week was how important it is to be reconverted everyday. Its not good enough to have served a mission, or had that miracle 3 years ago. Keep building every moment and you will become the strongest version of yourself. The spirit will work softly so listen, let it pierce your heart so the gospel is moving through you.

Helaman 5:30 Feel it for yourself

I love you all !! Love Sister Mettra

No comments:

Post a Comment