Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16

Hello Everyone!!
I have had so many emotions this week I can't even explain... but one thing is for sure... i know my calling is REAL.
This mission is truly inspired and everything that happens here is as well! i talked a little bit about how i plan and how we meet people... the best is when my feet start walking a different way then my brain haha and a miracle comes! First off true or false I knew dad was going to be at lizzy's wedding... FALSE!! I literally had no words i was like Dad?? But it was totes fine I loved seeing everyone especially grams.. can you please tell her that I love her and i meant to take a picture but i forgot! Seriously so emotional i felt like I wasn't alive! My comp thinks your an angel dad she said she felt comfortable staying close to you! Thanks for being sweet!
Ok so literally the most intense week... ( side note : two days ago sister rathgeber was like ... Sister Mettra i know why i love you so much .... because nothing is just normal with you ha... everything is so intense! There is never anything in between... when we bring guests around they feel your special spirit. .. aka she told me I'm dramatic ahha and i laughed really hard and told her.. I'll just settle for being called intense... She is very soft spoken and i lead most of the tours ha and i like to make witty jokes with the guests... and when they are from another country i try to imitate them and they think I'm a crazy American haha.
Here are just a couple stories that i will share from this week because there are many!!!
Mennonite Family:
So this family walks in with veils and they look like polygamist pretty much .. so that looks interesting so naturally i walk over and we start talking to them... they were so nice especially the mom such an angel.. And in the tabernacle they told me they don't listen to music or watch TV. So then we decided to take them into the movie Gods plan for the family... aka movie and music oops :) haha Sorry music speaks louder then their rules .. they loved it and all of them we crying as they learned they could be together forever. Then at the end i felt inspired to sing... ( my comp just sat back and let me do whatever because she says i always act on the spirit so it must be right ha) So i told their family that i felt their special spirit and that i was going to sing. Nearer my God to thee came out and they all cried as the spirit was so strong. We invited for the missionaries to come and teach them more ... and the Father crying said I'm sorry we are not allowed to accept this book. AHHH saddest thing because they knew it was true.. ONE DAY maybe they will change. But we planted a seed so that was good.
Crazers:
This couple walks in they were from new jersey and they had a friend that was a member and they wanted us to show them around... as we were walking the member said... I joined the church because of the temple square spirit 30 years ago... so help my friends! So we did just that.. another couple joined us and we took them all around teaching them about the church and Joseph smith. Now the husband was really sassy but in a sarcastic way and so i dished it back. He thought i was funny so when he asked about how i knew there was a prophet he was laughing and i said by his fruits.... Aka the Book of Mormon and he was just laughing. And said do you think God hears your prayers? And I go ha ... cause it sounds like you think your a pretty important person maybe more then you are ahhah he liked that! So we went back and forth and finally he respected my testimony. His wife... angel! I took her aside and taught her everything about Jospeh smith and she cried and she wanted to learn more. She grabbed my hands and was just thanking me .... But then her crazy husband came over and said they cant accept. AHH he goes... but i will say joking aside.. Sister Mettra you have a sweet spirit and I did feel peaceful here.. and said well thats cause its true :) They thanked us and left! ONE DAY
Czech angels...
A group of czech came and didn't speak English... ah I'm running out of time but we spoke English and they felt the spirit especially when we testified about Jesus Christ ... 3 accepted a Book of Mormon .. UM they don't even speak English!!
Cowboy man?
There was a man sitting on a bench dressed like a legit cowboy... sweetest guy he talked to us FOREVER ... he said i come here weekly because i feel the spirit... and then he said.. i don't believe in religion but the Mormons are most def the closest to the truth that i know... we didn't know what to invite for because he reads the book of mormon .. so we said have you ever been to church? and he goes oh no no ... and I said well you should go. And he laughed and i said.. why not feel that same peace? And then i said something really stupid ha and he goes what are you blond and you try to cover it up? and i said ya actually ahah and i said maybe I'll dye my hair black.. and he goes that would look really good!!!! And he goes if you dye your hair.. maybe I'll think twice about going to church... and said no no ... When i dye my hair this week.. I will KNOW that you WILL go to church and you WILL feel the spirit and KNOW its true.... he goes... wow sister i like the way you word that.... and he shook on it!! So ha such a funny moment!! looks like I'm dying my hair.... whateves... he doesn't know the dif between choc brown!
Antis are very real.... and so is satan... i will write a letter separate because this experience is not a good feeling! Just know that the power is REAL
AH i love being here although I literally am so tired 24 7
it was so good to see Lauren it was a answer to prayer .... that day i was so sick sister Holmes sent me home to sleep.....

Love you all!
Sister Mettra

2 comments:

  1. jenna i love you! this post made me choke up a little! you are amazing i can't wait to read your next letter!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. time 10! I am so blessed to have you and an example and friend Jenna Bean. love.

    ReplyDelete