Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 9

FAMILY!!!
I am officially in the mission field!!! Can you believe this! Honestly i can't believe it sometimes and its so crazy to think that just a month ago i was saying goodbye! On saturday was my one month mark! I have been a missionary for one month and i love it! ok so let me tell you a little bit about the goodbye to the MtC and hello to the square
wednesday morning i woke up at 4:30 Am and had to finish packing it was ridic ahha aka i was sooo tired! Then at 6:30 we took the infamous bus up to the square. We dropped our bags off at the apartment and then on to the square. I Saw alyssa!! well sister lamprecht and that made everything better! As i walked onto the square... the clouds were parting and the sun was shinning in and its as if the heavens were open. I'll be honest I was very sad to leave the MTc because i loved it there so much and I had grown so comfortable with it all! But as i walked onto the square I knew that this is where i needed to be. I met the mission president and his wife.. you should be getting a picture of my first day very very soon! I met my companion and haha we knew eachother before the mission haha she goes to BYUI and we have actually hung out before. Her name is sister rathgeber from NEW YORK. I'm getting some serious culture with my companions ahha austriallia and now NYC.
Let me tell you a little bit about planning here and how it works.... So sister RAthgeber and i knelt down in prayer and we just pray to know where and when to meet these people that come. I felt prompted to say... we will meet a couple from kentucky at the segal monument at 11am. Ha doesn't get much straight forward then that. ... Well guess what... we met that couple... different place but none the less met them... I was speachless... the Lord knows his children! And they wanted to hear more about the gospel... so we were able to get their information and the missionaries will come to their house and share more. Family there are so many stories already and i have to write them all out and send a letter because I don't have a lot of time but i will do my best.
Miracle 2
Baptist family from tennesse.... ( this one is for kira)
i prayed that i would be led by the spirit with what I said and did.... Well they started off very strong and grounded in their beliefs... I walked beside the husband that kept asking questions about Joseph smith. I testified so strongly of him there is no doubt in my mind that he felt it. He started to joke a little less and I slowly saw his heart soften as i would speak. I told him that sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven and that is just what Jospeh Smith did and what every pioneer did as well.. Again he started to ask more questions ... till he turned to me and said... Sister Mettra.. you know this is true don't you? i said yes jon i do with all my heart. This book is a true testiment of jesus Christ.. I wouldn't be standing here before you right now if I didn't know. And you can know too... Have the missionaries like myself come and teach you more. I have had times in my life where i forgot who i was and I never want anyone to feel that. And through the gospel of Jesus Christ.. you will come to truly know... you are never alone... Well there is more but he and his wife will have the missionaries over.
Miracle 3
A catholic women that had many questions about who Jospeh smith was.... I started to explain how he saw God the father and his Son Jesus Christ... And the spirit took over as i explained about how they are 2 seperate beings... how Jesus Christ prayed to his father in the garden ... not himself... she had never thought of that before and was truly touched... there is more but I felt prompet to tell her to see Jospeh smith movie.. and she said yes we will go see that... and i promised her that she would know it was true after that movie... and she goes.. thank you.... I don't doubt its true AHH she was ready to be baptizedddd!!
ok i have to go family.... ah so much to say I will write a fat letter!




No comments:

Post a Comment