Sunday, August 15, 2010

July 19

Well first things first..... this week has been amazing and also really hard! Everyday I'm learning more about myself and about my purpose as a missionary... I sang in church yesterday Come thou Fount... shout out to OWEN... It was really good I tried not to cry. I was very humbled this week because the spirit promted me to ask one of the Elders to sing with me in my district. You should have seen the Look on his face.... I could tell he needed it. It was such a humbling expriernce to teach him how to read the notes.... And oh BTW he has an amazing voice.
Ok So last last week.... I went to the TRC and taught june ... She was a really good investigator and the spirit was so strong when I testified of Joseph Smith. I loved it so much and I can't wait to get out there and do it some more. It was so good to be in the TRC on the other side!! The Lord truly hears our prayers i can TESTIFY of that! ... This week my companion and I had a little rough patch. I swear I wanted to run away... She is VERY BLUNT ... kinda like Zach blunt but from a different culture so its harder ha. After we taught on thursday I felt amazing because I truly relied on the spirit in the lesson other then our lesson plan.. and I started talking about the atonement cause I felt strongly this is what james needed to hear.... I was almost brought to tears many times during our lesson because I realized the spirit is really the teacher..... well when we walked out ... hmmm she did NOT agree and started telling me how I talked to much and how I didn't let her testify or teach her principles..... i literally wanted to punch something... ahha I was so heated and thats not like me!... I prayed so hard to have patience and keep smiling... and thats what I did! ... The Lord heard me for sure! So we had to have a little comp inventory and I told her what I really thought about how she went about that. It was REALLY AWK sauce and I wanted to die ahah but I stood up for myself and then accepted that I needed to be sensitive of her time to. After that day.... we have been lovely!
But I was so embarraressed when my teacher looked at me and pulled me aside and asked how I was... cause he saw what happened. But he said I was very mature and that I handeled it well .. so I'm LEARNING...! We love eachother now and she makes fun of me and I make fun of her because well... sometimes she says innapprorite things and she doesn't even know ahha.
We had a devotional movie that was incredable about feeling the spirit... and how we need to just FORGET about wondering if its just us or if its the spirit JUST DO IT. And thats what I have really focussed on doing! The spirit is the best tool we have and I encourage all of us to always have it with us!
Family ... I want to tell you all I love you so much and I know there is a purpose for this family. I know that this church is true because I have prayed to know it for myself. The Lord hears your prayers so keep praying! I have been re converted just this past week seriously! I feel like I know so much more then I ever have before... I still need help and I'm not even half way there but I know that through prayer I will be able to do anything!. The Lord chose me to serve this mission and I am serving with all my heart might mind and strength! I'm grateful for everything that I have been through good and bad because it has made me an empathetic missionary and I can relate to those investigators. There is so much to say and I have 10 min left... I want to testify that the book of mormon WILL answer the questions of the soul if you let it. And anything can be done through praying and staying close to the spirit.!

No comments:

Post a Comment